Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 866 times

Advertisements

I am currently about to relocated to Texas and I want to attend Baylor University. Saldy, its about 56K a year for me a to attend and even with FAFSA and Scholarships. I would still owe 12K after each semester. I always wanted to join the AF but I do not know which would be best for me since I want to go back to school.

Could someone elaborate on the benefits for becoming a Guard or Reserve? Education wise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 05:08 PM

24,298 posts, read 13,142,965 times
As a suggestion, go to the Military forum, //www.city-data.com/forum/military-life-issues/. Quite a few similar threads.

There are a number of post 9-11 GI Bill benefits, but they're not immediately redeemable, in other words they require a commitment for a couple years before you're eligible.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 741 times
I am an AF Reservist and got my degree with the Montgomery GI Bill about 15 years ago. At that time Oklahoma National Guard members had their instate tuition waived. I don't know if Texas offers this benefit. You really should contact a recruiter for the TX Air National Guard and an AF Reserve recruiter. Then go visit those potential places to drill, if possible. Many of them like to do interviews anyway. Make sure you get a guaranteed job for the job you actually want. There is an AF Reserve center in Fort Worth and I'm not sure where else you could drill (I drill in Oklahoma). The military is undergoing massive cuts in personnel but fresh faces are always needed! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma