Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,424 times

Advertisements

Will be relocating to OK from New England and am looking for a newer apt complex near Tinker AFB...about 20 min ride....want 2BR, 2 Bath and it seems like a pool is a must... Have looked on Craig's list at 100's and can't tell what's good and what's not....mid 20's and single...help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 10:23 AM

4 posts, read 13,482 times
i am also looking for something like that, the pool aint required, moving to Tinker in November

Old 08-28-2011, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,358 times
Well you want to be pretty close to Tinker I would suggest Willow Creek Apartments. Mostly military there, its about 10 minutes from the front entrance (Air Depot Gate). Pool is kinda small I think, its usually pretty quiet from what I'm told from people who live there. Not too expensive.

Legacy Corner is where I used to live. They are nice (have garages), but are retardedly expensive. If you want to renew your lease they nickle and dime you. They look like new, are gated, and are priced at about 800ish for a 2 bedroom I think + water and electricity. Around 8-12 minutes to work depending on the lights on Air Depot and what time you leave.

A good portion of our squadron lives in the Villas. An exit or two off of 240 and 35, mostly interstate to work. I never saw their pool, but I've heard its nice. Pretty much next to the interstate, rates are reasonable (I think my friend pays 750 + utilities- but don't quote me). About 13-15 minutes to south entrance (depending on traffic and add another 5 just to wait at the gate in the mornings.)

I currently live at Countryside which is practically apart of the Villas. I wouldn't much recommend living here unless you just want to save money. I pay 675 + about 150 for electricity by myself for a two bedroom two bath (during the summer months its pretty bad). They aren't really insulated very well, and are pretty old. Water/sewage/garbage is another 50 bucks for me. The Villas are much nicer, and the only reason I moved here are because the car shelters.

If you want to be insanely close to base, there is Casa Rene. Its about 1 and a half minutes from Sooner Gate + the time it takes you to pull out into the road in the mornings. (depending on where you work on base, Sooner Gate is closer to the residential/Dorm side of things). Rent is extremely Cheap, (I think they include water + electricity) but you are doing your laundry outside (I don't remember if they have Hookups for washer and dryers, but I don't think so). Pool is ok, just keep your doors locked. But still has allot of military personal so I don't think your going to get killed and I never felt like I was going to get jumped visiting there.

I can probably tell you more on any of them if you need me too.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,260 times
Default Downtown?

How about living downtown? How bad is traffic/the commute to Tinker? I'm an 0-3 single guy that would like to live near things that will be within walking distance. What do you think about some of the areas near downtown.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:38 AM

778 posts, read 2,321,803 times
I lived near downtown for several years. There are quite a few young TAFB employees (both civilian and military) that live in the area. Tinker is a straight shot down I-40 and you are going against traffic for the most part. It's probably no more than 20 minutes door to door.

If you are young, DT and surrounding areas (Deep Deuce, Midtown, etc.) are the places to be. The only downside is the grocery selection is a little lacking. There is a Homeland in Heritage Hills that is alright but nothing to write home about. But there is a small local market in DD (Native Roots I think) and several large grocers off NW 23rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma