Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 05:15 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times

Advertisements

This is my new favorite song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6c6eUeoa9Q

Good post, linicx. We never drink the water and don't even give our dogs our well water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

But we all better quiet down about our greatness......too many Northerners & East/West Coasters moving in here will ruin the whole deal.
And then they will troll the okie threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 05:20 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I'm going to buy a whole lot of bottled water stocks in the years to come , I see money where other people only see Doom And Gloom ........LOL
I hope it works out better than your Okie Limousine idea did.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:40 PM

191 posts, read 213,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
The residue water is probably brackish because of the depth of the drilling and the fact a special sand must be added to the drilling process. If you really want to know I can find out for you.

I would not advise you or your family to drink it in any form - not even coffee or tea. I would not advise you to clean with it, or use it for any type of cooking -- not even to soak beans or peas. I would not take a bath in it, or brush my teeth in it. I would only shower. If you have a toddler do be super vigilant.
Water produced during oil production, at least in Oklahoma, is WAY beyond brackish, it typically is much more saline than seawater (sea water is something like 25,000 ppm, while produced water my very well be 150,000ppm).

This water has been disposed of by deep well injection since the 1920s-1930s in areas of the state that include both Stillwater and Cushing, so I rather doubt that any changes in water quality that Redbird or Stillwater Townie have noticed lately are due to that.

Fracking, on the other hand, has only been common for, say the last 65 years, son maybe there WAS a difference in water quality between say, 1950 and 1960; can anyone attest to that?

BTW, prior to adopting deep well injection, common industry practice, approved by the state at times was to either: a) run the brine into streams, or b) run it into "pits"; which, in actual fact, leaked so readily that they basically served as sand filters to catch any big chunks before feeding the brine into streams.

Now, before any one gets all excited about this produced water, current operations call for it to be separated from the oil at the tank battery, moved either by truck or by specially built pipeline to the SWD well and injected for below the base of what is called the Underground Source of Drinking Water (USDW)

By definition and design, the "USDW" includes not only all fresh water, but all brackish water containing up to 10,000 ppm Total Dissolved Solids (TDS). This brackish water is thought to be potentially "treatable" that is at some point in the foreseeable future technology will exist to remove the salt from it and make it "fresh" at an economically feasible price. This definition (and requirement to protect) applies in all 50 states; it is part of the Safe Drinking Water Act requirements. Oklahoma has "primacy" status, meaning that, for all counties other than Osage, Oklahoma has developed it own (EPA approved) plan for meeting this requirement and implements that plan unilaterally. Because the mineral rights under Osage County are owned en mass by the Federal Government in Trust for the Osage Tribe, all mineral activity is governed exclusively by the Feds. The EPA promulgated separate rules for Osage County, and they, in conjunction with the BIA, permit SWD/SWI activities.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:00 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
............ you left howest2008 off the list , what a pity.......LOL
Didn't know you were Flemish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODV8T0LQmBU

Old 05-28-2015, 01:11 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Originally Posted by Howest2008
I'm going to buy a whole lot of bottled water stocks in the years to come , I see money where other people only see Doom And Gloom ........LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I hope it works out better than your Okie Limousine idea did.

LOL.......Oh I'm Going To Hurt Myself Laughing........

Old 05-29-2015, 01:30 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Didn't know you were Flemish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODV8T0LQmBU
Flemish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

European have been stealing my moniker since 2007 howest2008 and any shorten version of that.

Eastern European also like to Hack me a great deal........LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: