U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 03:12 PM

9,723 posts, read 12,823,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Just curious as to how many of you carry and what is the gun of choice? I kinda traded out most of my handguns and am currently carrying a 22 mag and am wanting to "upgrade". Am looking at getting a SCCY 9mm. they seem like a pretty good piece and Atwoods had them for $230 a few weeks ago.

I am a real estate appraiser and frequently go to abandoned or repoed houses. In 30 years I've needed one a few times so I try not to leave home without it. I've encountered homesteaders, homeless derelicts, meth labs, and vandals. I don't want to carry something fancy or high dollar. If I have to use it, I don't want a ceracoated kimber 1911 sitting in a evidence locker for four or five years. But I do want something that will stop a twatwaffle in his tracks.

So anyway, folks, what is your weapon of choice?
I''m going to be serious for this one POST......

So here's goes get a 1911 or what your dear Friend RedBird suggested a Glock

And dry fire it 3,000 to 5,000 times at home to develope your pistol gripping technique and muscle memory , then and only then take it to the Firing Range and fire it 2,000 times for accuracies if I spelled that right

Now you are ready to concel carry your weapon around the likes of me......LOL

1911 don't jam or misfire and are precision hand guns I haven't touched a gun since my Military Days which ended in 1980 , but because of my age I plan to get one for Retirement 66 or 70 years YOUNG.

Yeah right that's what I said YOUNG I still haven't used the Blue Pill Yet and buddy I'm Still Going Strong.........LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 12:13 AM

7,525 posts, read 15,201,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I''m going to be serious......
Ok, who are you and what have you done with Howest? Do you really think you can find a life pretending to be one of the most boring men around?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

So here's goes get a 1911 or what your dear Friend RedBird suggested a Glock.................
What ever gave you the idea that I needed help shooting? I've dropped running deer at 200 yds with iron sights.

And while I love the 1911, EVERYONE is trying to make a newer and better model. A few years ago I had a beautiful Beretta 1911 that handled and shot great. My brothers concealed is a Kimber 1911 with camo cerakote with a laser and additional clips. That thing is worth $2,000. If you think I'm gonna carry something like that you are nuts. I want something that if the cops steal it, I won't sweat it. Not real fond of Glocks for concealed, although they are good guns. I don't like the double stack for concealed. Makes the gun too fat for effective hiding and I don't want people to know that I have it until it goes bang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYbIxmWnec

Old 06-15-2015, 05:29 PM

9,723 posts, read 12,823,740 times
Quote:
What ever gave you the idea that I needed help shooting? I've dropped running deer at 200 yds with iron sights.

And while I love the 1911, EVERYONE is trying to make a newer and better model. A few years ago I had a beautiful Beretta 1911 that handled and shot great. My brothers concealed is a Kimber 1911 with camo cerakote with a laser and additional clips. That thing is worth $2,000. If you think I'm gonna carry something like that you are nuts. I want something that if the cops steal it, I won't sweat it. Not real fond of Glocks for concealed, although they are good guns. I don't like the double stack for concealed. Makes the gun too fat for effective hiding and I don't want people to know that I have it until it goes bang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYbIxmWnec
Here is how howest2008 would have your back GoodPasture........LOL
Home / MLB /

8 MLB Pitchers Throwing 100 MPH or Faster in 2014
  • August 10, 2014
Indeed, in efastball.com’s list of pitchers who have thrown 102 mph or faster in MLB history, sixteen of the twenty-one listed hit their marks in the 2002 season or later. It is no longer a rarity in the game. Here are eight pitchers who have thrown pitches of 100 mph or better in 2014, according to PITCHf/x data on Fangraphs.com. Since PITCHf/x is the most scientific testing method, the results sometimes dispute what radar guns say and, in many cases, published reports of how fast pitchers have thrown. Stats are current as of August 7, 2014. Pitchers are listed from the “slowest” 100+ mph pitch thrown during the 2014 season to the fastest.
Denis Poroy/Getty Images

8. Gerrit Cole, Pirates

Pittsburgh’s Gerrit Cole went on the disabled list July 5, but not before the right-handed starter joined the century club in 2014 after hitting 100.0 mph in 2014. That wasn’t the highest velocity the young righty has clocked to date. In 2013, Cole hit 101.0 mph with a fastball. He is averaging 8.19 strikeouts per nine innings (K/9) as a starter in 2014.
Brian Blanco/Getty Images

Last edited by Howest2008; 06-15-2015 at 05:41 PM..

Old 06-15-2015, 05:38 PM

2,653 posts, read 1,658,909 times
Depending on what I'm wearing:
A Glock 27 (.40 cal, tho I should've got the .45) in IWB holster,
A Ruger LCP in either IWB or pocket holster,
A Seecamp .32 in pocket holster.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:55 AM

7,525 posts, read 15,201,056 times
I like the ruger, but isn't the 32 a little light? granted at a range of 10 to 20 feet it doesn't take a lot. Not like we are dealing with Maori's or something.But I think something that will not just stop but knock down a target would be preferable. You can't always assume it will be one on one.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:03 PM

2,653 posts, read 1,658,909 times
Quote:
I like the ruger, but isn't the 32 a little light? granted at a range of 10 to 20 feet it doesn't take a lot. Not like we are dealing with Maori's or something.But I think something that will not just stop but knock down a target would be preferable. You can't always assume it will be one on one.
A friend of mine once suggested I'd be better off putting the .32 in a sock and swinging it.

Yes, its a little light. But I'm not a large person, and in the summer it can be difficult or uncomfortable to conceal anything bigger. I go by the philosophy that a small gun is better than no gun at all.

I once had a friend who worked undercover law enforcement, and sometimes all he could carry was a tiny .22 or .28. He said that they worked fine if you got close enough to put the round exactly where you wanted it.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:40 PM

12 posts, read 12,688 times
Default My choice

Metro Arms American Classic II 1911 Pistol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or