Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 08:35 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times

Advertisements

But same sex marriage has been legal now, nationwide, for nearly 30 hours.

Have any of you felt an urge to find a same sex spouse? Are any of you thinking of leaving your spouse and find a same sex spouse? Is it too early to tell? I thought that once it was legalized we would see the beginnings of God's wrath being visited on us, instead it is simply the normal heat wave.........I know, July and August in Oklahoma may SEEM like hell, but that is simply normal weather. I do think, however, that the ice is finally off the bridges and I can start maintaining normal speeds on the highways instead of slowing down to cross bridges.

But I am really concerned.

I am on my third marriage and was hoping I could preserve the sanctity of marriage by not getting homosexual urges. All the experts (the GOP Presidential line up) claim its only a matter of time before that gay couple I know break up my marriage and call down the wrath of God.

Does anyone have any idea how I can avoid this imminent catastrophe? I thought I might go to Canada or Ireland and avoid the Armageddon but I understand people there aren't safe either.

Please, can anyone provide me with some sound advice? I'm 67 years old.........at this time of my life I would hate to discover I was gay............that could ruin my whole weekend.

thank you all for your help in this matter.
Greg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 08:39 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
I would venture to guess that you are the only one causing potential ruin to your whole weekend with unnecessary worry and stress.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

Have any of you felt an urge to find a same sex spouse? Are any of you thinking of leaving your spouse and find a same sex spouse? Is it too early to tell? I thought that once it was legalized we would see the beginnings of God's wrath being visited on us, instead it is simply the normal heat wave.........I know, July and August in Oklahoma may SEEM like hell, but that is simply normal weather. I do think, however, that the ice is finally off the bridges and I can start maintaining normal speeds on the highways instead of slowing down to cross bridges.

I am on my third marriage and was hoping I could preserve the sanctity of marriage by not getting homosexual urges. All the experts (the GOP Presidential line up) claim its only a matter of time before that gay couple I know break up my marriage and call down the wrath of God.

Does anyone have any idea how I can avoid this imminent catastrophe? I thought I might go to Canada or Ireland and avoid the Armageddon but I understand people there aren't safe either.

Please, can anyone provide me with some sound advice? I'm 67 years old.........at this time of my life I would hate to discover I was gay............that could ruin my whole weekend.

Greg
No, I haven't had the urge to find a same sex spouse. But if you're like me, have no sex appeal, it doesn't make much sense to worry about having a sexual orientation, whether gay, straight, or bi.

Payne County has only issued six gay marriage licenses since last fall, so God should feel happy, rather than wrathful, over so few gay couples getting married in Oklahoma. I wouldn't be surprised that more marriage licenses will be issued to straight same sex couples than gay ones just to claim the marriage benefits. That will make a lot of conservative Christian folks mad, too.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:56 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Have you ever thought about squeezing the bible between your legs? That is what Bristol Palin did whe she started getting boy crazy!

Old 06-27-2015, 09:58 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:

Greg
I was just hoping all the man-love talk would make my wife more froggy. So far no dice. Damn.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:35 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Have you ever thought about squeezing the bible between your legs? That is what Bristol Palin did whe she started getting boy crazy!
LOL. I think it was more than just a bible that was thrust upon her.

I wonder if Ted Nugent will promise to kill himself over this? Or the GOV of Oklahoma, maybe. That would be JUST HORRIBLE!

“New Rule: Gay marriage won't lead to dog marriage. It is not a slippery slope to rampant inter-species coupling. When women got the right to vote, it didn't lead to hamsters voting. No court has extended the equal protection clause to salmon. And for the record, all marriages are “same sex” marriages. You get married, and every night, it's the same sex.”
― Bill Maher, New Rules: Polite Musings from a Timid Observer

Old 06-30-2015, 06:23 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,542,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Yeah. And look how well that worked out for her

Old 07-03-2015, 05:29 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Originally Posted by okie1962

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/oklah...#ixzz3epKCSK2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Yeah. And look how well that worked out for her
Actually it worked out quite well for her she got pregnant by A Hunk A Hunk A Hunk Of Burning Flesh.....

Old 07-05-2015, 07:17 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Quote:

Greg
Well, I now I want to marry Trigger, the horse. When I was 7 years old I loved Trigger and wanted to marry him but couldn't due to age and it was illegal. So now I am going to fight for rights to marry a horse, even if it is a dead stuffed horse. The dead tell no lies and can't kick you like a live horse can, and I have been kicked by a mare. I am sure my husband won't mind since he is open-minded to gay marriage, he should be open to this. Let me ask him. He said NO. They have a name for that, so No. Guess he isn't open-minded. And yet I thought that now that gays could marry, we who agreed would all be more open-minded.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:38 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Trigger? Did she break up with Mr. Ed?

Last edited by _redbird_; 07-05-2015 at 11:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma