U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 10,694 times

Advertisements

Well, after two years Michelin contacted me with a job offer and I've accepted. It's going to be a quick move for me and I've a couple weeks to find a suitable apartment or house to rent. My family will be staying back in Amarillo until the house sells, then renting in Amarillo until my youngest finishes her senior year of HS, so school districts are not a factor. I start work on July 27th so I'd like to have something sewn up before then so I can move in the weekend before.

I'm trying to find something with a 6 month or shorter lease because as soon as our house sells we will be looking to purchase, or possibly build. We had a chance to pass through during the 4th weekend, but not much time to look about. Stone Creek singles are full till the end of Aug. Highland Park Apartments have one single possibly coming open July 31st, but you never know if they will renew at the last minute. Rent at Stone Creek was pretty high considering, with Highland being more in the range I would prefer to stay in. The rest of the apartment buildings would be a last ditch effort after looking at the properties. I'm just looking for something clean, relatively quite, and reasonably priced as this will be temporary.

I don't mind a short drive, so maybe Madill, Davis, Dickson, Lone Grove, etc... would be acceptable as well. It appeared that west of 77 and between 77 and Washington (better towards 77 side) are decent places to look in Ardmore proper.
I won't be able to make it back to the area until the 20th and 21st, which is unfortunate, but is what it is.
I'd be willing to go up to $700/mo for a decent living space (that's not in a flood zone ) that has a refrigerator at least, with a washer and dryer being a great bonus.

Any tips, suggestions, leads, etc... I will accept with major gratitude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 04:59 PM

3 posts, read 2,435 times
I currently live in Ardmore, and the apartment selection is not very good. I can vouch for highland park, they are older apartments, but clean, quite, and in the nicer part of Ardmore. And the owner is also the maint guy I believe. I would check out the local paper online Ardmoreite. Also I have found alot of locals who rent houses do not post in them in the newspaper or craigslist and just throw a for rent sign in the yard. Drive around any street for about 30mins and you'll easily come across 10+ houses for rent. I dont know if you have checked out Ashbrooke by the convention center. I know nothing about these apts but they look nicer.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:58 AM

5,451 posts, read 7,972,603 times
Skit is right. There are not too many good apt. selections in Ardmore.

Housing is pretty cheap. You'd be better just putting an offer in on a house.

If you're set on renting I would drive to Main St. and walk up and down asking some of the local proprietorships (many of the owners of these businesses represent the "Old Money" of Ardmore) about rental property. (Or just drive around like Skit said. There will be options available.)

Old 07-11-2015, 05:55 PM

6 posts, read 10,694 times
Thanks for the info. Until we sell our current home buying is out of the question, so renting is it. I'll do a cruise of the streets and hopefully will find something that fits my budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or