Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 01:28 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,472,899 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's all that great but interesting for something new and different. It's like a speed bump without the bump, since you shouldn't drive fast through it. You got to take left turns in a winding, roundabout way, so lazy drivers sure won't like that. The whole thing works best for right turns. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people would think the money would have been better spent on filling potholes. But then the roundabout seems to reflect a lot of street reconstruction that has been going on in Stillwater

It will be interesting to see if the BID (Business Improvement District)wants to put a statue in the middle of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfhK7F-DzrU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 08:55 AM

24,165 posts, read 13,012,472 times
If driven correctly (operative term) they're very efficient. I used to use them all the time when stationed in Louisiana. When entering drivers don't undertstand them they're quite fun. That one's quite small, I wonder what happens when a tractor-trailer rig gets into it.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:10 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,374,983 times
OKC used to have one on the northern end of Classen. It was the scene of so many accidents it finally had to be changed.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:00 PM

10,399 posts, read 15,480,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I don't think it's all that great but interesting for something new and different. It's like a speed bump without the bump, since you shouldn't drive fast through it. You got to take left turns in a winding, roundabout way, so lazy drivers sure won't like that. The whole thing works best for right turns. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people would think the money would have been better spent on filling potholes. But then the roundabout seems to reflect a lot of street reconstruction that has been going on in Stillwater

It will be interesting to see if the BID (Business Improvement District)wants to put a statue in the middle of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfhK7F-DzrU
You can either call them ...Roundabouts are Traffic Circles and still be correct either way they add so
much class and style to a city. Tulsa Oklahoma has quite a few built around town , and I love them...

Old 08-27-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You can either call them ...Roundabouts are Traffic Circles and still be correct either way they add so much class and style to a city. Tulsa Oklahoma has quite a few built around town , and I love them...
There's are differences between Traffic Circles and Roundabout , you learn something new everyday " I always thought of them as being the same......

Tulsa's First Traffic Roundabout Simplifies Downtown Intersectio - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgaoqbv1hPo

Old 08-27-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howest2008 View Post
you can either call them ...roundabouts are traffic circles and still be correct either way they add so much class and style to a city. Tulsa oklahoma has quite a few built around town , and i love them...

Old 11-02-2015, 01:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,472,899 times
As pictured, recently a statue called "Bronco Buster" was installed in the middle of the roundabout.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:58 PM

7,885 posts, read 11,315,810 times
Roundabouts are good but you haven't lived until you get a jug handle. They were prevalent in NJ.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:25 PM

471 posts, read 817,695 times
Traffic circles are a disaster. Do you realize that, without yield/stop signs for traffic entering the traffic circle, it's possible that once in you could never legally get out of a traffic circle until your car ran out of gas and a tow truck hauled it off?

There are traffic circles everywhere in Europe, and occasionally you'll see one that has no signs what so ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma