Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:22 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times

Advertisements

This has always been the case IMO. If group X gets out and votes, more power to them for exercising their right to vote. I am not saying I agree with them, I am saying I applaud their getting out and voting.

Looks like the Gray (Apathy) party wins.

Bass, excellent point about your Choctaw side. I learned about Jackass Jackson while at Haskell Indian Nations University.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 04:55 PM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
Veiled racism? It's just an honest observation. Feel free to be offended by anything you want. It is not against the law yet to notice that the emperor has no clothes.
My point is this. Every place he mentioned as being "liberal" has a large minority population. He left out places like San Francisco and Seattle which have much less minority population.

Then he starts babbling about what happened in Knoxville, TN which actually happened at the University of Tennessee (gender neutral identification). Nobody who knows anything about Knoxville would claim the Knoxville itself is "liberal".

Then of course he mentioned the Rio Grand Valley which is almost entirely Hispanic/Latino.

Fact of the matter is that OKC is conservative like everywhere else on the plains, but we have some of the same issues that he was trying to use against these larger urban cities he mentioned.

If you mean "minorities" you should have the guts to say "minorities" instead of substituting "liberal" or dancing around it like you did with your Hans Christian Anderson reference.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,099 times
Most Conservative:

1. Mesa, AZ
2. OKC, OK
3. Virginia Beach, VA
4, Colorado Springs, CO
5. Jacksonville, FL
6. Arlington, TX
7. Anahiem, CA
8. Omaha, NE
9. Tulsa, OK
10. Aurora, CO

Most Liberal:

1. San Francisco, CA
2. Washington, DC

3. Seattle, WA
4. Oakland, CA
5. Boston, MA
6. Minneapolis, MN
7. Detroit, MI
8. New York, NY
9. Buffalo, NY
10. Baltimore, MD

Old 09-02-2015, 08:39 PM

I was surprised by the inclusion of Aurora, CO in the conservative list. We have friends who live there and we visit them often. I would never have guessed Aurora was conservative, let alone in the top 10 conservative places. Shows how little I know!

Aurora has a large minority population.

Can someone please tell those liberal/minorities, whose population % has grown since 2000, they need to commit more crimes if they don't want to let amercity down? Here, let me help amercity out:

COMMIT MORE CRIMES DAMN YOU LIBERAL MINORITIES!!!!!! Do a riot or something!!

//www.city-data.com/city/Aurora-Colorado.html

Old 09-02-2015, 08:40 PM

641 posts, read 1,072,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
My point is this. Every place he mentioned as being "liberal" has a large minority population. He left out places like San Francisco and Seattle which have much less minority population.

Then he starts babbling about what happened in Knoxville, TN which actually happened at the University of Tennessee (gender neutral identification). Nobody who knows anything about Knoxville would claim the Knoxville itself is "liberal".

Then of course he mentioned the Rio Grand Valley which is almost entirely Hispanic/Latino.

Fact of the matter is that OKC is conservative like everywhere else on the plains, but we have some of the same issues that he was trying to use against these larger urban cities he mentioned.

If you mean "minorities" you should have the guts to say "minorities" instead of substituting "liberal" or dancing around it like you did with your Hans Christian Anderson reference.
The issue is incredibly complex. I have visited some "liberal" cities which impressed me quite a lot. I think that many "wealthy" liberal cities are dominated and skewed by several large fortune 500 company HQ's, which vacuum up money from the fly-over states. There will be some well paid people at those companies. But the overwhelming bulk of the rest of the populations are generally very poor, un-resourceful, and welfare dependent masses who average the city back down, but still much above national and world income levels of GDP per capita.

I hope that I did not commit any sin by saying that, I might need to say some penance for veiled racism. Unless some black "leader" will absolve me.

Last edited by teakboat; 09-02-2015 at 09:08 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I hope that I did not commit any sin by saying that, I might need to say some penance for veiled racism. Unless some black "leader" will absolve me.
What black leader(s) are you referring to? Got a bone to pick with a "colored boy" you don't like, just say their names. Why the penance remark? Are you catholic? Is it your aim to insult the catholic church as well as black "leaders" by referencing the sacrament of penance in an offhand way?

Old 09-02-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
What black leader(s) are you referring to? Got a bone to pick with a "colored boy" you don't like, just say their names.
Oh, Any of the fraudulent race baiters, I certainly don't like at all. The list is long.

This is offensive: "colored boy".

Anything else you want to know?

Old 09-02-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Oh, Any of the fraudulent race baiters, I certainly don't like at all. The list is long.

This is offensive: "colored boy".

Anything else you want to know?
I used the term "colored boys" because that is the tone of your post. Why did you delete it from your post? Was it offensive?

You have not named the black "leaders" yet. Who are the black leader(s) you are referring to that you want to absolve you of your sins? Are you saying the black leaders are race baiters?

Anything else you want to skip over with euphemisms?

Old 09-02-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I used the term "colored boys" because that is the tone of your post. Why did you delete it from your post? Was it offensive?

You have not named the black "leaders" yet. Who are the black leader(s) you are referring to that you want to absolve you of your sins? Are you saying the black leaders are race baiters?

Anything else you want to skip over with euphemisms?
I deleted it because I am not sure that I am interested in debating with any old rabble who might come across this forum. I put it back in for you though.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:18 PM

"The black leaders"? Could you tell me which ones you are referring to? Which of them presume to speak for the black race?

As I said, the list is long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma