U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 03:55 PM

7,525 posts, read 15,201,056 times

Advertisements

Had a good friend over a few days ago. He is trying to quit smoking. In fact, I got him a really nice eCig so he could both save money and cut back on nicotine and maybe quit.

We were well through a good bottle of scotch. He asked if he could use my phone charger to repower his cigarette. I asked if he could wait another thirty minutes until my book finished charging.

Does anyone else seem confused by things these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 05:21 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,540,094 times
Being silly is something I really enjoy. Back when I quit smoking there was no such thing as ecigs and I had to go the cold turkey route. Fortunately, I managed it, but it wasn't easy. I've thought about getting a Kindle and maybe I will after I finish reading all the books already on hand.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:02 AM

9,723 posts, read 12,823,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Had a good friend over a few days ago. He is trying to quit smoking. In fact, I got him a really nice eCig so he could both save money and cut back on nicotine and maybe quit.

We were well through a good bottle of scotch. He asked if he could use my phone charger to repower his cigarette. I asked if he could wait another thirty minutes until my book finished charging.

Yeah Goodpasture why were you drinking Scotch instead of eating Butterscotch Candy.....

When I hit Tulsa Oklahoma Late 2015 please promise me some Butterscotch Candy , but no Scotch Hard Liquor...... lollllllllll.......

Old 08-31-2015, 12:47 PM

7,525 posts, read 15,201,056 times
To use bad English is regrettable. To use bad Scotch is unforgivable.

Butterscotch is a candy. It is made mostly of sugar. Sugar is bad for you.

Quote:
Sugar, whether added to food by you or the manufacturer, is the greatest threat to human health, bar none, they say. And unless we wise up and quit en masse, we don’t just risk personal obesity and disease, but national bankruptcy and collapse as the toll our ill health takes on our countries’ economies threatens to destabilize the modern world.
Link

Old 08-31-2015, 12:51 PM

6,235 posts, read 6,294,494 times
Just start smoking GOOD cigars instead!

Old 08-31-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
To use bad English is regrettable. To use bad Scotch is unforgivable.

Butterscotch is a candy. It is made mostly of sugar. Sugar is bad for you.

Link
Goodpasture you devil you , you almost conversed me from butterscotch candy to good old fashion scotch liquor ......

The information about sugar was spot on..... I have gone from (white sugar) to (brown sugar) to (honey) to (Agave) to (Maple) trying to slay this sweet tooth of mine........lollllllll

Old 08-31-2015, 03:05 PM

11,544 posts, read 26,683,865 times
E-cigs are only partly charged. If your friend is genuinely trying to quit tell him to try any time two weeks before through two weeks after his birthday. Quit cold. The first day is uncomfortable, the second day is not so much, and by the third day you hardly miss it. I still have e-cigs at home. I haven't smoked an e-cig all day for over a year. I may take a drag every 30 days. I don't want it; I don't miss it, but every once in a while an overwhelming urge grabs me, and I cave in mostly because I still enjoy it. .

Quote:

Old 08-31-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Goodpasture you devil you , you almost converted me from butterscotch candy to good old fashion scotch liquor ......

The information about sugar was spot on..... I have gone from (white sugar) to (brown sugar) to (honey) to (Agave) to (Maple) trying to slay this sweet tooth of mine........lollllllll
Just beat you to the punch in correcting me converted was spelled wrong , but we have bigger fish to fry SEX is more deadly than SUGAR someone hit me over the head with a shovel Pretty Please I'm Done stick A Fork In Me..!!!

Old 09-02-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:

You're Darn Tooting electronic books and cig's do not go together......lolllll
you're darn tootin - Bing Videos

Old 09-02-2015, 09:37 AM

32,734 posts, read 18,185,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Being silly is something I really enjoy. Back when I quit smoking there was no such thing as ecigs and I had to go the cold turkey route. Fortunately, I managed it, but it wasn't easy. I've thought about getting a Kindle and maybe I will after I finish reading all the books already on hand.
I am off topic, but we went to Buchanon's antique market at the State Fair grounds this past weekend. Actually, it is more of a giant garage sale. The venders were simply giving away old books for FREE on Sunday afternoon. There were tables and tables of free books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Just beat you to the punch in correcting me converted was spelled wrong , but we have bigger fish to fry SEX is more deadly than SUGAR someone hit me over the head with a shovel Pretty Please I'm Done stick A Fork In Me..!!!
Are you going to charge your eSex drive now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or