Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 PM

60 posts, read 203,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
This is the kind of attitude I found on other state's forums...I guess the great state of New Mexico would have issues with you moving there too...Keep in mind that most Californian's are from other states. My folks moved here from Arkansas back in the '50's...We're not all fruits and nuts!

We didn't ruin our state, uncontrolled illegal immigration did that. Most of us life time citizens are really saddened to see what's happened here and what will happen to the rest of the nation if they don't wake up and enforce our laws.

We're not all liberals either!
I am in New Mexico temporarily. I have lived within 100 miles of Amarillo Tx most of my life, in the states of Texas, NM, and Oklahoma. With my current job I roam around the western US, I have worked in Nebraska, CO, Wyoming, CO again, and finally NM since April, I will be gone from NM in a year or so. I get back to Oklahoma every chance I get and I love my state the way it is. I have no intentions of staying in NM nor do I care to change NM to make it like Oklahoma. In fact I am a perfect fit in Raton, it is a very pro-firearms town with several gun stores and arguably the best shooting range in the country is located there.

I have seen what is happening in Colorado and the influx of californian immigrants is partly to blame. A state doesn't take on a political attitude without the support of it's people. They elected politicians that are sympathetic to illegal aliens, give them safe harbor, and drivers licenses. The same thing is happening in Colorado now.

I have no problem with good people from california or any other state moving to Oklahoma, I just don't want them trying to change my state into their state.

I do understand Oklahoma and california have a long history dating back to the Depression ("The Grapes of Wrath") when many Oklahomans migrated to california to find work. If they want to come back now thats fine just leave california in california.

I find it funny that a state burdened with gun control and and environmental regulations can have so much crime and pollution problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 02:30 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Actually, most of the Californians fleeing California should be more than welcome in Oklahoma as they are fleeing for a reason, and Oklahoma is the type of social climate that is more appealing to them now. It's different than from here in Texas where lots of Californians only come here for cheap housing and jobs. I've found it to be quite the opposite than those moving to Oklahoma.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:33 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace_Maker View Post
I am all for people moving to Oklahoma, I just don't want them to try to make Oklahoma into california, just look to what has happened to colorado. I love Oklahoma and I really don't want my great state to turn into california or mexico. I can understand why people would be hostile towards californians, they have ruined their own state then leave because it is so bad, but instead of learning from it, they attempt to turn their new state into the mess they just escaped from. Until I got to this forum I never knew so many californians were moving to Oklahoma. I figured Oklahoma is the kind of state most liberals despise.
If you've never lived in California and saw with your own eyes what is actually happening, I'd appreciate it if you keep your judgements about it to yourself.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-09-2008 at 02:44 PM..

Old 02-09-2008, 02:42 PM

Peace_Maker wrote:
Quote:
I have no problem with good people from california or any other state moving to Oklahoma, I just don't want them trying to change my state into their state.
Believe me, no one moving from Ca. or any other state whats OK. to be anything like CA. Most of us decided long before the move that we were very happy with OK. just the way it is.
I for one, will fight to keep it this way.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Actually, most of the Californians fleeing California should be more than welcome in Oklahoma as they are fleeing for a reason, and Oklahoma is the type of social climate that is more appealing to them now. It's different than from here in Texas where lots of Californians only come here for cheap housing and jobs. I've found it to be quite the opposite than those moving to Oklahoma.
Don't worry, now that Texas is a sanctuary for illegals,
most of those Californians will be moving out

Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 PM

60 posts, read 203,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If you've never lived in California and saw with your own eyes what is actually happening, I suggest you keep your judgements about it to yourself.
Fair enough!

Old 02-09-2008, 03:25 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If you've never lived in California and saw with your own eyes what is actually happening, I'd appreciate it if you keep your judgements about it to yourself.
I don't think I've ever been called an IMMIGRANT before, have you? Our nation is made up of 50 states and I consider it all my HOME...And, I speak da English...

Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace_Maker View Post
I am in New Mexico temporarily. I have lived within 100 miles of Amarillo Tx most of my life, in the states of Texas, NM, and Oklahoma. With my current job I roam around the western US, I have worked in Nebraska, CO, Wyoming, CO again, and finally NM since April, I will be gone from NM in a year or so. I get back to Oklahoma every chance I get and I love my state the way it is. I have no intentions of staying in NM nor do I care to change NM to make it like Oklahoma. In fact I am a perfect fit in Raton, it is a very pro-firearms town with several gun stores and arguably the best shooting range in the country is located there.

I have seen what is happening in Colorado and the influx of californian immigrants is partly to blame. A state doesn't take on a political attitude without the support of it's people. They elected politicians that are sympathetic to illegal aliens, give them safe harbor, and drivers licenses. The same thing is happening in Colorado now.

I do understand Oklahoma and california have a long history dating back to the Depression ("The Grapes of Wrath") when many Oklahomans migrated to california to find work. If they want to come back now thats fine just leave california in california.

I find it funny that a state burdened with gun control and and environmental regulations can have so much crime and pollution problems.
We have between 35-42 million residents...You're bound to have crime when numbers grow.

You're rude!

Old 02-09-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
I don't think I've ever been called an IMMIGRANT before, have you? Our nation is made up of 50 states and I consider it all my HOME...And, I speak da English...
Not an immigrant, worse.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:09 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Let's get back on topic, folks. This thread is about IT jobs in Oklahoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma