Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
In the nearest town, there are five businesses. One is a store where you can buy gas and beer. One is a garage. One is a feed store. One is a cafe. and one is Rednecks Tire and Bait Store. He will fix a flat for $5.00 and carries fresh minnows and worms.

Next town west of that has "God's Garage and Bible Store"

I love Oklahoma
One thing I discovered about WA about 15 years ago is that every two-bit bait shop in the middle of nowhere not only sells bait, it sells espresso, too. I wondered then where the water came from...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:50 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
Here's a Jeff Foxworthy one for you GP:

If on Thanksgiving you have to decide which pet to eat.....

You know, Karibear, I was amazed when we were in Washington at the contrast in people between the Seattle/Tacoma area and the rest of the state.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:50 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Here's a Jeff Foxworthy one for you GP:

If on Thanksgiving you have to decide which pet to eat.....

You know, Karibear, I was amazed when we were in Washington at the contrast in people between the Seattle/Tacoma area and the rest of the state.
I suppose it's like that in most major urban/rest of the state places. I do listen to the 'local' news a lot - local meaning all of Puget Sound - and it's very depressing, on many levels. I have some good friends in Spokane, one of them is the one who will drive me and my stuff to OK. I wouldn't mind living near them, but I can't [won't] handle the winters there and it doesn't really cost any less to live there than it does here.

I used to know quite a few people around Seattle, but as far as I can tell, they all left years ago, they decided things were changing and not for the better. I do know a few people around here, but none of them are what I'd call friends - they just happen to be neighbors, and we share a mutual disgust of various things. Not something anyone would want to build a friendship on! To give you an idea of what some of them are like, I know one person who is totally convinced the Nisqually Quake in '01 [?] was due to the influx of Californians with all their belongings and building new houses! She thinks all that extra weight caused the plate to shift and the quake to happen.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I suppose it's like that in most major urban/rest of the state places. I do listen to the 'local' news a lot - local meaning all of Puget Sound - and it's very depressing, on many levels. I have some good friends in Spokane, one of them is the one who will drive me and my stuff to OK. I wouldn't mind living near them, but I can't [won't] handle the winters there and it doesn't really cost any less to live there than it does here.

I used to know quite a few people around Seattle, but as far as I can tell, they all left years ago, they decided things were changing and not for the better. I do know a few people around here, but none of them are what I'd call friends - they just happen to be neighbors, and we share a mutual disgust of various things. Not something anyone would want to build a friendship on! To give you an idea of what some of them are like, I know one person who is totally convinced the Nisqually Quake in '01 [?] was due to the influx of Californians with all their belongings and building new houses! She thinks all that extra weight caused the plate to shift and the quake to happen.
I my mom was firmly convinced that every time the men walked on the moon it rained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma