U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 01:16 PM

13,387 posts, read 18,298,675 times

Advertisements

Is anyone a member or has been a member of any of the Oklahoma Grange(s)?
From what I've found, and because of all of the farming here,I'm surprised there are only 3 Granges in OK.
Big Cabin #156

Bluejacket #353

Green Country Pomona #19

The reason I ask is I'd like to transfer my membership as a Grange Officer in Ca. Pomona Grange#589.To an OK. Grange.
I've already contacted the State and National Grange Masters, with no response yet.
Actually, I just wanted to see if any of you were Grange members and see how they are out here.

Some of you may not know what a Grange is or that they still exist.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-02-2008 at 01:59 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 02:31 PM

11,884 posts, read 35,358,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Some of you may not know what a Grange is or that they still exist.
This would be me. Off the top of my head, I associate a Grange with a Range, as in Range of countryside, and of course ZZ Top's "LaGrange."

Old 02-02-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
This would be me. Off the top of my head, I associate a Grange with a Range, as in Range of countryside, and of course ZZ Top's "LaGrange."
Your associations are close. A Grange has to do with,,"Patrons of Husbandry".

OKLAHOMA STATE GRANGE Website

The Grange emblem has a lot of history behind it. The Seven sided emblem represents the seven degrees of the Grange and the seven founders. "Pof H" stands for,"Patrons of Husbandry". The name "Grange" was chosen because old English farm estates, each a complete community, were called granges. The sheaf of wheat represents our interest in agriculture.

Purpose of Grange

The Purpose of Grange is to build a program of fellowship, service and member activities within a framework of fraternalism embracing all members through meetings and activities.

Across America, communities, farms, schools, hospitals and families are udergoing tremendous changes. The Grange, which has chapters in more than 4,000 communities, is the center of a grassroots effort to improve the quality of life in rural areas and across the nation. Grange members share ideas, organize themselves for action in their communities, and initiate programs that will address their concerns and improve their lives.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-02-2008 at 04:25 PM..

Old 02-02-2008, 04:39 PM

11,884 posts, read 35,358,882 times
It sounds to me like a Grange is a good thing, and something that will be more and more prevalent in the future because of the food crisis we are currently in.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,758 times
Default OK Grange

Hey - I stumbled on this poster board. i am the Master of our Grange wich is locatyed in Welch, OK. If you can let me know where u live I can piont you in the direction you need to go.

I am Floyd Buffington
16054 S Hwy 2
Bluejacket, OK 74333

Old 08-04-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBuffington View Post
Hey - I stumbled on this poster board. i am the Master of our Grange wich is locatyed in Welch, OK. If you can let me know where u live I can piont you in the direction you need to go.

I am Floyd Buffington
16054 S Hwy 2
Bluejacket, OK 74333
I'm locacated in Duncan, OK. I transferred from Pomona Grange #589 in San Bernardino, CA.(Chairman/Grounds Keeper)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>