U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 07:13 AM

14,631 posts, read 412,542 times

Advertisements

Both - Aldi and WM have nice and well stocked stores and some that are gruesome. We actually walked out of a trashy Homeland the other day. I often use Aldi to price match. The produce in the stores is very hit/miss. Friday I had ten packages of locally farmed mushrooms for .79 and 16 oz trimmed carrots for .59. Recently Aldi started adding the actual sales flyer to the web site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 08:14 AM

12 posts, read 12,695 times
Default They are good to their employees and the food quality is decent.

I'm a transplant from Michigan and I've shopped at Aldi in Michigan for years. They have their own brands that they carry. Some of it is just as good as name brands and certainly as good as most other store brands. I don't buy everything there but I've found that their boxed soup stock is good, low sodium and no MSG. I buy canned mushrooms there, some canned vegetables such as spinach of which they have two kinds and I go for the one with Popeye on the can. Dairy is usually cheaper at Aldi and is good. Whole frozen chickens are a good deal as are game hens. You just have to try what they have and find out what you like. I would also add that at least in Michigan, Aldi has a reputation for treating their employees very well. I've known several people who have worked there over the years and have never met a disgruntled Aldi employee. They provide stools for the cashiers to sit on and are very good to the disabled.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:51 PM

636 posts, read 1,509,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
I shopped in Aldi in NC when we lived there. Just like any other supermarket you have to check the labels. Aldi has their own distribution, I believe in the Midwest, & all the canned goods are Aldi brand. I saved between $25-$30 on their brands each time I shopped there. Their Dairy & frozen food prices were the best around. Produce is hit or miss. I did not buy their meats so I can't comment on them.

The money that I saved shopping in Aldi, I was able to purchase our meats and fish at The Fresh Market.

I was told that Trader Joe's and Aldi are owned by the same family. TJ is higher end than Aldi.
I love Fresh Market! Pricey but you get what you pay for. There was talk about one opening in OKC but unless what I heard isn't true.. they backed out of the OKC market. They have a Fresh Market around the S. 81rst and Yale in T-Town I believe. I highly recommend them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma