U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2016, 09:57 PM
 
13 posts, read 9,818 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

My family (husband and one young child) are moving to OK to start a natural wellness center. Considering OKC and Tulsa as our potential new homes. It will not provide services that are covered through traditional health insurance at this time. Which of these cities might be the most receptive to this sort of business? Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2016, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
18,016 posts, read 14,334,567 times
Reputation: 5450
I would guess the Okahoma City area, since there are more people there than the Tulsa area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 05:47 AM
 
13 posts, read 9,818 times
Reputation: 10
Default Thanks!

Thank you StilwaterTownie for your thoughts. That was my original inclination, however after some research I noted that 3 of the 5 wealthiest zip codes in OK are in Tulsa so I have to consider that option as well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I would guess the Okahoma City area, since there are more people there than the Tulsa area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
8,286 posts, read 6,893,594 times
Reputation: 7396
IMO it probably doesn't matter which city you locate as much as matters WHERE you locate in whichever city you pick.

Also there are going to be some demographic considerations. What age group do you think might be prone to use your services?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 06:24 PM
 
Location: C-U metro
1,368 posts, read 2,811,865 times
Reputation: 1181
Tulsa also has a higher median household income than OKC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Eastern Tennessee
2,777 posts, read 2,087,713 times
Reputation: 7397
curious why you chose Oklahoma out of all the states if you don't know Tulsa or OKC. Why not Colorado, Louisiana or Minnesota? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 08:12 PM
 
Location: United States of Jerry Falwell
11,415 posts, read 5,038,465 times
Reputation: 9280
OKC is larger and growing faster. The city's economy also has not (yet) been hurt too bad by the oil bust like the state's has. Tulsa is smaller, more stagnant, but more white collar and the median income reflects that.

Do you have any other criteria? OKC and Tulsa are very different types of cities in terms of quality of life and lifestyle despite being only an hour apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 08:42 PM
 
13 posts, read 9,818 times
Reputation: 10
My parents and brother live in Tulsa but I have never lived there. I lived in OKC for a time and in Norman for a few years so I am more familiar with that area (although it has been more than a decade since I lived there so I'm sure more than a few things have changed). Being as I have a young child (starting Kindergarten this fall) good schools are also an important consideration. My husband and I enjoy going out for drinks on occasion but certainly not an every weekend thing. My husband really enjoys trying new restaurants (vs the chain places like Chili's, Olive Garden, etc.). Thanks again!



Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
OKC is larger and growing faster. The city's economy also has not (yet) been hurt too bad by the oil bust like the state's has. Tulsa is smaller, more stagnant, but more white collar and the median income reflects that.

Do you have any other criteria? OKC and Tulsa are very different types of cities in terms of quality of life and lifestyle despite being only an hour apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 08:43 PM
 
13 posts, read 9,818 times
Reputation: 10
My family lives in OK (Tulsa area) so we wanted to be closer to family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
curious why you chose Oklahoma out of all the states if you don't know Tulsa or OKC. Why not Colorado, Louisiana or Minnesota? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 08:45 PM
 
13 posts, read 9,818 times
Reputation: 10
Historically, my clients are between 30-70 years old and largely female. I was considering an office space in the "Riverwalk" area of Tulsa but am not super familiar with the area...


Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
IMO it probably doesn't matter which city you locate as much as matters WHERE you locate in whichever city you pick.

Also there are going to be some demographic considerations. What age group do you think might be prone to use your services?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top