U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:35 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,180,541 times

Advertisements

After thinking about the "Daily Life in Oklahoma" thread, I think I forgot to mention how we have fun here. This is one of our more popular activities:

And to show we bring them up right, her is my grandson a few years ago...........

We even have special equipment for the ladies

and cost of living is pretty low.........notice the description of the house and the price.

For that you can own this fine future mansion........

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM

3,724 posts, read 8,890,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

After thinking about the "Daily Life in Oklahoma" thread, I think I forgot to mention how we have fun here. This is one of our more popular activities:

And to show we bring them up right, her is my grandson a few years ago...........

We even have special equipment for the ladies

and cost of living is pretty low.........notice the description of the house and the price.

For that you can own this fine future mansion........

That arena looks a lot like my back yard right now. It would be really really nice if it would just STOP RAINING!

Very cute kid - looks kind of like my son at that age....

And I do like the 'ladies equipment' - pink is always a good color.

Does the land come with that mansion wannabee??

Old 02-11-2008, 01:47 PM

184 posts, read 770,508 times
That looks like fun.... My husband had a business trip in Tulsa last year, and while he was there they invited him to a real BBQ. He told me he had a wonderful time. He said that Oklahoma was a place to consider a move to. He has never come home from a state with a good review.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:27 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,255,712 times
$50.00???
I don't suppose that includes any land huh?

Be a good place to stay while we look for a home...
(After sweeping out the vermin of course.)
Certainly cheaper than a hotel.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:59 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,180,541 times
If this part of the country is where you are looking, we have a futon in my office and a couple of air mattresses we can put on the floor. Last summer we had about 30 appraisers camped out here......we should be able to accommodate a couple of Yankees......

Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
If this part of the country is where you are looking, we have a futon in my office and a couple of air mattresses we can put on the floor. Last summer we had about 30 appraisers camped out here......we should be able to accommodate a couple of Yankees......
Camp Goodpasture!

Old 02-12-2008, 05:57 AM

5,003 posts, read 14,839,445 times
You know, coming from California I had my fears about coming to Oklahoma, like, really, what is there to do here? I was bored for a while because I missed my neat shopping. then that fades into the background, and you don't miss it so much. Instead you buy from catalogs unless you want to drive to the big city, but hey, I left the big city to get away from traffic, so why drive to Tulsa? And then I found myself six months later doing the dreaded thing: community volunteer work. "Ugh", I said, "Has it come to this? I have to do this in order to meet people? I hate work. I am retired." So first off I joined the Garden Club, and I met some people, and we worked in the city park planting flowers and weeding, and it was rather fun. And I like the women there, so that is neat too. We went on a day trip to Grove, and that was fun eating out and going to the botanical garden and their western village. And then I said that I didn't want to join the Friends of the Library because I didn't want to work, but I went and quit when they wanted me to work, and then a friend at the Red Hat Society that I joined talked me into going back, so I went back and I volunteered for the book sale, and I thought, "Why did I do this?" So I went to help and it was fun, and I made more friends. Then I joined CARE Food Pantry, but the work is too hard on me, so I may quit that. Then yesterday I joined the volunteer group at the Cherokee Hertiage Center, and I may even like that. I would have done that much sooner had I known about it because I consider them my people in many ways. And then I went to learn a new craft with some Garden Club members where we learned to make German feather trees, and the woman that was teaching us was not only a good teacher and good conversationist, but a good cook. I couldn't believe that she was serving us a hot meal of vegetable soup, corn bread, fruit salad, crackers, cookies, and chocolate cake. We were there for 4 hours, and I came home with a small Christmas tree and the know how to make more. It was so much fun. And so much of my fun is with my new friends here. And I never volunteer for work I don't find fun anymore. I would do a book sale again because I loved it, and I came home with so many good books we had to buy a new bookcase. And then there is having lunch with friends at their home or elsewhere. Or I go shopping at an antique store or to gargage sales, etc.

We also have plays here, but I don't like to go alone, so I don't go to them yet.

I went to rodeos in CA. My husband loves them, but we haven't been to one here.

They couldn't pay me to take that trailer away.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:25 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,467,574 times
Jessaka, sounds like you're adjusting to your new surroundings quite nicely. It does take time and effort to make friends. Once I get my family settled in OK, I'll be looking for a job, hopefully part time, which will help me make friends, but I know it will take time for all of us to feel "at home."

Old 02-12-2008, 09:49 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,223,537 times
When I first moved out here from Edmond, the only people I knew were in the real estate office. Since then I have met quite a few people and I am real happy with my social life. Of course, not many people live around here so they all knew who we were, but we didn't know who they were!

We are active in helping the Future Farmers of America, Native American Culture, and general farm life. We go to every festival and community dinner etc. We could be a lot more active because people are welcoming, but I have about the level I am comfortable with.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
When I first moved out here from Edmond, the only people I knew were in the real estate office. Since then I have met quite a few people and I am real happy with my social life. Of course, not many people live around here so they all knew who we were, but we didn't know who they were!

We are active in helping the Future Farmers of America, Native American Culture, and general farm life. We go to every festival and community dinner etc. We could be a lot more active because people are welcoming, but I have about the level I am comfortable with.
With your personality, I doubt you'd have trouble making friends anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma