Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,350,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Indeed. With the economy the way it is, we should be thankful we have a roof over our heads, food on the table, and a paycheck. So many Americans are facing anxiety this holiday. Maybe we'll all appreciate more what we have, and not worry about what we don't have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
AMEN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,915,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Besides, didn't many Oklahomans move to California?
Just the ones not tough enough to withstand the dust bowl.......

Old 11-20-2008, 10:49 PM

72,813 posts, read 62,127,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Just the ones not tough enough to withstand the dust bowl.......
Still, they went to California.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:10 PM

330 posts, read 967,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
Yummy! I'd kill for a twice baked potato from Vans.......

Oh yeah! Piece of pecan pie or apple if you prefer. I've had just about everything on the menu. Don't forget the sweet pickles for a quick snack before your name is called.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:20 PM

330 posts, read 967,671 times
What could stop the influx is the weather. I don't know about others, but it's getting pretty freakin' cold. I know this is nothing and I'm in for a rootin' tootin' time when the ice shows up, but this CA boy is getting cold.

I need new clothes. I looked at my clothes and realized, I'm in trouble. You can tell who the wannabe Okies are, just check us out with sweatshirts, jackets, and hoods on the last couple of days.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:52 AM

24 posts, read 69,073 times
That was the echo of millions of chins simultaneously hitting the ground when the election results came in.........

Old 11-21-2008, 10:16 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,763,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Still, they went to California.
And now they're coming back.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:26 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,166,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
What could stop the influx is the weather. I don't know about others, but it's getting pretty freakin' cold. I know this is nothing and I'm in for a rootin' tootin' time when the ice shows up, but this CA boy is getting cold.

I need new clothes. I looked at my clothes and realized, I'm in trouble. You can tell who the wannabe Okies are, just check us out with sweatshirts, jackets, and hoods on the last couple of days.
Just bought a really nice warm pair of boots off ebay. (good excuse for buying more boots lol) When I'm out in cali for thanksgiving with the family I'm hitting all the thrift stores and getting a good haul of stuff the people who thought they'd like skiing give to them. It goes cheap there.

As long as my house is warm it can be 20 degrees outside... my house is PAID FOR!!!! and is one of the older ones from the 30s. Will really be a trip to go back to cali for the holidays and then come home

And I am a third generation cali native who loves it here.

(and the last quake we had did scare me... apt had so many water leaks the building was probably on mud and it started, stopped, and started again... Many thought to themselves oh its the big one. (But still have done nothing to be ready)

the map of the destruction from the big one should convince anyone in socal to move....

Old 11-22-2008, 04:24 PM

779 posts, read 2,237,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Just bought a really nice warm pair of boots off ebay. (good excuse for buying more boots lol) When I'm out in cali for thanksgiving with the family I'm hitting all the thrift stores and getting a good haul of stuff the people who thought they'd like skiing give to them. It goes cheap there.

As long as my house is warm it can be 20 degrees outside... my house is PAID FOR!!!! and is one of the older ones from the 30s. Will really be a trip to go back to cali for the holidays and then come home

And I am a third generation cali native who loves it here.

(and the last quake we had did scare me... apt had so many water leaks the building was probably on mud and it started, stopped, and started again... Many thought to themselves oh its the big one. (But still have done nothing to be ready)

the map of the destruction from the big one should convince anyone in socal to move....
Oh wow! Congrats for having your house paid for! That must be an exciting feeling! I am also glad that you enjoy living in Oklahoma.

I do not blame any Californian for wanting to move to Oklahoma for a better life, nor do I blame Texans for doing the same. Besides Texas plates, I have noticed a lot of Californian plates as well here in Okllahoma.

I never want to experience an earthquake in my lifetime and I hope I never will when I move to Texas in a few years (or while I am living in Oklahoma for now).

Old 11-22-2008, 04:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Oh wow! Congrats for having your house paid for! That must be an exciting feeling! I am also glad that you enjoy living in Oklahoma.

I do not blame any Californian for wanting to move to Oklahoma for a better life, nor do I blame Texans for doing the same. Besides Texas plates, I have noticed a lot of Californian plates as well here in Okllahoma.

I never want to experience an earthquake in my lifetime and I hope I never will when I move to Texas in a few years (or while I am living in Oklahoma for now).
Earth quakes aren't that bad. You feel the ground roll under your feet and once in awhile your house or car might get moved 10ft over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma