U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:22 PM

330 posts, read 932,662 times

Advertisements

Pics from last visit.

[My Oklahoma pics-100_3777-1.jpg

My Oklahoma pics-100_3780.jpg

My Oklahoma pics-100_3815.jpg

My Oklahoma pics-cimg1468.jpg

My Oklahoma pics-cimg1479.jpg

My Oklahoma pics-100_3773.jpg

My Oklahoma pics-cimg1487.jpg

My Oklahoma pics-cimg1466.jpg
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 06:09 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,512,059 times
Great pics!! Mmmm... I want ribs!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:55 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,163,265 times
I really like your pictures, techienomad. Looks like you had a good time while in OK. Were those ribs from Van's? Sure looks good, now I'm like LR, where can I get some barbeque today?

Old 02-17-2008, 11:13 AM

708 posts, read 600,210 times
mmm...those ribs look really good!!!

wasn't the second pic Norman Highschool or no?

Old 02-17-2008, 12:13 PM

330 posts, read 932,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Great pics!! Mmmm... I want ribs!
I love the pig stand. Can't wait to get back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I really like your pictures, techienomad. Looks like you had a good time while in OK. Were those ribs from Van's? Sure looks good, now I'm like LR, where can I get some barbeque today?
Yep, those are from Van's. I want some ribs and a pig sandwich the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
mmm...those ribs look really good!!!

wasn't the second pic Norman Highschool or no?
Are you talking about the one with the tractor? I'm not sure of that building. I might have been in Edmond or close to on that one. However, you might be right.

Anyways all, or should I say - y'all (no harm intended), I will be back for a final visit in April, then the big move in June. In April I'm going to settle on a place to live. I like Yukon, Mustang, Norman, Blanchard, Noble, Edmond and Tuttle. I'm sure there's many other great places, but I need to be somewhat in range of OKC metro for work. Any thoughts, suggestions, or just your opinions are always helpful.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:51 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,004,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
Anyways all, or should I say - y'all (no harm intended), I will be back for a final visit in April, then the big move in June. In April I'm going to settle on a place to live. I like Yukon, Mustang, Norman, Blanchard, Noble, Edmond and Tuttle. I'm sure there's many other great places, but I need to be somewhat in range of OKC metro for work. Any thoughts, suggestions, or just your opinions are always helpful.
Here's advice, you don't have to say ya'll, attend a church or go to rodeo's to be excepted here. I've seen these stereotypes come out a lot lately on here. I'm not ticked off I just live in the city and am able to maintain a cowboy free lifestyle perfectly.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:03 PM

533 posts, read 1,627,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
Are you talking about the one with the tractor? I'm not sure of that building.
That's the McBride Orthopedic Hospital location between Moore and Norman near Telephone Road and Tecumseh Road. It has an extremely good reputation.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:50 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Here's advice, you don't have to say ya'll, attend a church or go to rodeo's to be excepted here. I've seen these stereotypes come out a lot lately on here. I'm not ticked off I just live in the city and am able to maintain a cowboy free lifestyle perfectly.
My 18 year old son will be very happy to hear that. A cowboy he is not. However, I found online last night the Mat Hoffman skate park and he was very happy about that. He loves to skateboard and film other skateboarders.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:00 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,230,694 times
I was never into that "cowboy" stuff until I saw
the John Wayne flick "Eldorado"...
Now we're Western fans.. You can get it on DVD!
(If you want skateboarding, you want Venice Beach, CA.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:21 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,163,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
That is quite true, Nameless. In fact, I would tell anyone moving to Oklahoma not to immediately go out and buy a cowboy hat or boots, unless they were really into that lifestyle already. I've seen people do that, and it just doesn't work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>