Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 04:43 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times

Advertisements

It's always good to see a new face on the Oklahoma forum suthernharleyryder. Don't be a stranger in the future!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 05:08 PM

54 posts, read 196,280 times
thanks synopis, good to be home....lol, well, almost....hopefully by end of may. i miss oklahoma so bad, always been a okie at heart...as they say..you can take the gal out of okie, but cant take the okie out of the gal...or gent...lol!!! i look forward to making lots of new friends on here and depending on where we settle...getten together for a bbq!!

Old 02-23-2008, 06:22 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
I just talked to my SIL in MO today, she says she's heard from a couple different sources that the price of bread in St Louis county is supposed to reach 5.00/loaf by the end of this year. And she said my brother had read the same thing in the paper, he just hadn't bothered to mention it to her before. If bread is expected to go so high, what on earth will that do to other things? It's not like they have to ship it in, after all.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:17 PM

54 posts, read 196,280 times
i wonder to....here in TN they had story on news, based on local prices, between gas, food and now jump in electric, that the average family this year will pay 1900 more for the exact same amount of gas, food and electric then they did last year...this is crazy. if our country is in so much trouble, why should the little people take the biggest hit? why dont we force the government to cut their pay in half at least(they will still be richer then us, and not like they have back breaken work anyways...lol) tohelp put money back into the economy?? what worries me most is todays generation, they are so "techno" and "electronic" that wont know how to survive. im only 36, my husband is 48, and we was both raised to "deal", and then given his military training, he is able to really deal in tough times. I was taught to cook from scratch, make a meal out of scraps if need be, mend clothes, wash clothes and body if need be in a creek, hunt for food, etc etc...but nowdays, thats a thing of the past. now...those of us who know the basics will manage, we will be able to make our own bread of forced to, hunt for our food, sew our own clothes, and above all else...walk instead of drive if push comes to shove. be prepared folks, that day is coming, and cell phones wont give you instructions on how to survive when ya cant buy gas, bread, milk, or anything else, people will need to get back to good ol days before much longer. i for one was glad that we started using corn to make fuel, (i lived in SD for many a year, it did the economy good) but at same time, for as little as its actually being used right now, its killing the food and feed industry as far as the people being able to afford breadm milk and cornflakes(hard to believe how much stuff is made with some form of corn) yet, the companies are making it big now, but not much longer they wont, if we cant afford to buy the stuff.....or better yet...refuse to(can we say strike?) then they wont make a profit, hence, prices will go back down...same with gas, they keep price high now cuz we didnt slow our use of it, all we did was show we would still use it up no matter what the price, hence...now the price will always be high cuz we will always pay for it...simple math,....the big companies wont make extra money off us if we dont let them. and on that note...i hope if bread does go to $5 bucks a loaf...i hope its softer and fresher then dried out crap they sell for $2-3 now.....lmao

Old 02-23-2008, 10:22 PM

6 posts, read 13,927 times
Definitely a interesting read, some good info to know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma