Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:49 AM

5,542 posts, read 9,444,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Yes, the founder of Planned Parenthood was a racist 100 years ago. That has little to do with today and had nothing to do with abortion then.

Do you further condemn the Southern Baptist Church, a denomination that was founded 150 years ago in order to support and preserve slavery? A denomination that just 40 years ago decided to be against abortion not because the leaders thought abortion was a “sin”, but that it was a wedge issue that could be used to support their racist school segregation policies. The Southern Baptist Church’s very existence is due to the most vile kinds of racism and violence.
For anyone in the SBC's views on abortion "then" refer back to post #29. Technology has changed and given ALL of us much more information. One has to do some serious maneuvering with logic and science to maintain that the fetus is a "mass of tissue" in the womb with the technology we have now.

As for slavery, it is appalling. I know of no Southern Baptist who would argue otherwise in the present (and for the idiots who maintain it they should immediately removed from their SBC membership role). Just a few years ago Fred Luter from FBC NOLA became the first African American president of the SBC. From everything that I heard/read as a little ol' layman in my local SB church he did a great job and had a great experience.

As for your apples-to-apples attempt to compare the SBC and Planned Parenthood it does not follow/non-sequitur. Southern Baptists are improving race relations within their denomination while Planned Parenthood has become more inhumane than ever with continuing their murder of babies and then selling their bodily parts for profit. Unconscionable.

Try again, Swakester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I was addressing YOUR comment that PP has a racist agenda, thought I made that clear when I quoted YOUR post.

Tell us, just how do you think PP is promoting eugenics?

Do they troll minority neighborhoods and accost pregnant women?....try to talk them into having an abortion?

Please.....spell it out.....be specific.
If I have to spell out the obvious for you....well, enough said. The proof is in the veritable puddin'.

If you think it's just coincidence that the higher rate (per percentage of population) of incidence of abortions occurring within minority communities has no correlation with the disproportionate number of Planned Parenthood clinics located there you're approaching this issue unreasonably.

Let me spell it out: Yes, Planned Parenthood is very targeted in its approach of where to "set-up-shop" because they do target minorities, who by percentage of the population, are much more likely to get an abortion. It appears to me that the spirit of Sanger and the Eugenics Movement is alive and well. She would probably be elated to know that her stratagem endures long after her death.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 01-11-2017 at 09:22 AM..

Old 01-11-2017, 09:38 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,960,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
If I have to spell out the obvious for you....well, enough said. The proof is in the veritable puddin'.

If you think it's just coincidence that the higher rate (per percentage of population) of incidence of abortion occurring within minority communities has no correlation with the disproportionate number of Planned Parenthood clinics located there you're approaching this issue unreasonably.

Let me spell it out: Yes, Planned Parenthood is very targeted in its approach of where to "set-up-shop" because they do target minorities, who by percentage of the population, are much more likely to get an abortion. It appears to me that the spirit of Sanger and the Eugenics Movement is alive and well. She would probably be elated to know that her stratagem endures long after her death.

Planned Parenthoods are put where they are needed.....POOR neighborhoods.....white or minority.

Do you really think minority women decide to have an abortion just because a PP is in their neighborhood?

Is this how it goes?

A minority women is pregnant and happy about it, and then, while on the way to the store one day, she sees a PP and decides to go in and have an abortion.

or

A minority woman is pregnant and happy about it, and then, she walks past a PP, someone comes out, asks her to come inside and then talks her into having a abortion.

Do you really think minority women are that simple minded, that easily talked into aborting a wanted pregnancy?

Do you think that white women are the only ones intelligent enough, capable enough, to be trusted to make the decision to abort?

NEWSFLASH: Poverty is one of the main reasons women choose to abort......white or minority....not because there is a PP in their neighborhood.

If you want to reduce minority abortions......do something about their poverty rates instead of using them as convenient props to advance your own, personal, anti-choice agenda.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:59 AM

1,836 posts, read 2,201,813 times
The number one driver of female and childhood poverty is teenaged motherhood. You can easily argue that the fight against PP is a racist effort to keep poor communities of color poor. Planned Parenthood doesn’t even provide abortion in Oklahoma, why fight them here except to keep services like birth control out of poor neighborhoods?

Old 01-11-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
The number one driver of female and childhood poverty is teenaged motherhood. You can easily argue that the fight against PP is a racist effort to keep poor communities of color poor. Planned Parenthood doesn’t even provide abortion in Oklahoma, why fight them here except to keep services like birth control out of poor neighborhoods?
Bigtime stretch there, Swakester. So the real purpose behind Pro Life initiatives is to keep minorities poor? Fascinating logic. And here I was actually thinking that the lives of human beings of all ages, shapes, sizes, and ethnicities mattered and could be saved with Pro Life measures (which in reality they do).

Clearly, the Pro-Abortion contingent's belief that all our people (of all ethnicities) need is more education and more contraceptives to stop getting pregnant has proven egregiously wrong (or not anywhere near enough to slow pregnancies). And the inconvenience ends in the termination of an innocent child. What's tragic is that there are countless individuals/couples who cannot have children on their own and would adopt such babies in a heartbeat.

As for your question, I'll answer with a question of my own: If I believe abortion is murder, why would I not seek to end it everywhere, not just my homestate of Oklahoma?

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 01-12-2017 at 12:32 AM..

Old 01-12-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Planned Parenthoods are put where they are needed.....POOR neighborhoods.....white or minority.

Do you really think minority women decide to have an abortion just because a PP is in their neighborhood?

Is this how it goes?

A minority women is pregnant and happy about it, and then, while on the way to the store one day, she sees a PP and decides to go in and have an abortion.

or

A minority woman is pregnant and happy about it, and then, she walks past a PP, someone comes out, asks her to come inside and then talks her into having a abortion.

Do you really think minority women are that simple minded, that easily talked into aborting a wanted pregnancy?

Do you think that white women are the only ones intelligent enough, capable enough, to be trusted to make the decision to abort?

NEWSFLASH: Poverty is one of the main reasons women choose to abort......white or minority....not because there is a PP in their neighborhood.

If you want to reduce minority abortions......do something about their poverty rates instead of using them as convenient props to advance your own, personal, anti-choice agenda.
Yeh, Planned Parenthood is definitely an organization that has the best interests of its patients in mind.

Planned Parenthood is a business and its success is significantly contingent on the death-dealing of Latino and African American children. That's a fact.

Plus, with the horrific information coming out last year about the selling of baby parts, Planned Parenthood appears to be lead by just about the most inhumane creatures on the planet. Pretty scary stuff. Anything for the almighty dollar. Clearly, we're talking about some sick and disgusting individuals here.

The scenario that you present is so absurd it doesn't merit a response.

Again, if you think the higher preponderance of abortions occurring among Latino and African American women have no correlation with the higher preponderance of Planned Parenthoods in neighborhoods which are primarily occupied with minorities, you are not approaching this issue rationally. It appears you are approaching it more from an emotional, or even more sadly, possibly from a political perspective.

On the other hand, I am trying to approach this particular issue strictly from a science/reason-based perspective. With the technology that we have now to see into the womb, it simply requires a lot of maneuvering to assert that the fetus is not a human being. It is not a mass of tissue. It is a person, simply younger and smaller.

I would think that individuals who are Pro Human Rights, as well as those against racism, would stand up and defend the unborn---the most defenseless of all human beings. In fact, that's exactly what the advances in technology have fostered: a much more Pro Life culture across the nation, not just in the South-Central/Bible-Belt/Oklahoma. Statistically, Pro Life perspectives are on the rise. The reason? It's simple: with the medical technology we have now we can see that the fetuses, in fact, are human beings. The diversity among Pro Lifers is growing as well. Atheists, LGBQTs, people from all ethnic backgrounds and cultures, those from diverse socioeconomic strata, Christians, and all political stripes are coming together to defend the unborn. It's beautiful.

Even more powerful are the countless women who have had an abortion that are speaking out against the immense depression, and in many cases, the physiological damage that an abortion has caused them.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Keep them poor......and out of their neighborhoods.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Yeh, Planned Parenthood is definitely an organization that has the best interests of its patients in mind.

Planned Parenthood is a business and its success is significantly contingent on the death-dealing of Latino and African American children. That's a fact.

Plus, with the horrific information coming out last year about the selling of baby parts, Planned Parenthood appears to be lead by just about the most inhumane creatures on the planet. Pretty scary stuff. Anything for the almighty dollar. Clearly, we're talking about some sick and disgusting individuals here.

The scenario that you present is so absurd it doesn't merit a response.

Again, if you think the higher preponderance of abortions occurring among Latino and African American women have no correlation with the higher preponderance of Planned Parenthoods in neighborhoods which are primarily occupied with minorities, you are not approaching this issue rationally. It appears you are approaching it more from an emotional, or even more sadly, possibly from a political perspective.

On the other hand, I am trying to approach this particular issue strictly from a science/reason-based perspective. With the technology that we have now to see into the womb, it simply requires a lot of maneuvering to assert that the fetus is not a human being. It is not a mass of tissue. It is a person, simply younger and smaller.

I would think that individuals who are Pro Human Rights, as well as those against racism, would stand up and defend the unborn---the most defenseless of all human beings. In fact, that's exactly what the advances in technology have fostered: a much more Pro Life culture across the nation, not just in the South-Central/Bible-Belt/Oklahoma. Statistically, Pro Life perspectives are on the rise. The reason? It's simple: with the medical technology we have now we can see that the fetuses, in fact, are human beings. The diversity among Pro Lifers is growing as well. Atheists, LGBQTs, people from all ethnic backgrounds and cultures, those from diverse socioeconomic strata, Christians, and all political stripes are coming together to defend the unborn. It's beautiful.

Even more powerful are the countless women who have had an abortion that are speaking out against the immense depression, and in many cases, the physiological damage that an abortion has caused them.

You are the one who is thinking emotionally rather than rationally.

Just because a fetus resembles an infant does not change the fact that it just a mere shell when most abortions are performed. Quite frankly, it takes a lot of imagination to see an eight-ten week fetus as anything but something resembling a tadpole.

And, you seem to forget, pregnancy is hardly a benign condition, it can and does cause irreversible health problems for some women, up to and including death.....without any advanced warning.

No woman should be forced to risk her health or her life against her will. A woman is more than a mere vessel to be used against her will, a fetus does not get to own our bodies as if we are slaves.

A fetus does not have rights that trump those of a woman.

It is also quite obvious that you do not think poor minority women deserve to have access to the same medical care wealthier women enjoy.....or that they can be trusted to make their own healthcare decisions.

I never heard of a woman who decided to have an abortion just because there was an abortion clinic close by. Do you realize how ignorant that is? .... how insulting that is to women of color?

I have a question for you. If you see a prostitute standing on the corner.....do you partake of her services just because she is there?

What? You don't? You can think for yourself? You are capable of making your own decisions?

Yet.....here you are......claiming minority women will decide to abort just because they see a clinic on the corner.

Yea, we get it, you think women are simple minded, especially minority women.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Being pro-life and ending abortion really begins with the individual. If you don't want to bring a new baby into the world, then please don't indulge in sexual intercourse. You can try to go around that by using birth control, but good luck on it working.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Being pro-life and ending abortion really begins with the individual. If you don't want to bring a new baby into the world, then please don't indulge in sexual intercourse. You can try to go around that by using birth control, but good luck on it working.
Agreed here.

Sadly, the vast majority of folks who have an abortion end the life of the baby because the process of birth is just too inconvenient for them. People not wanting children is totally fine. Men get strapped up and better yet, get a vasectomy. Ladies, get your tubes tied, etc.

Yet, most likely far too many individuals get pregnant because of irresponsibility and then destroy a human life because they weren't planning on the possible outcome. That is what is shameful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma