U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 06:28 PM

18,125 posts, read 14,402,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I agree with your stance on sex education; it should be beefed up. However, it's clearly not enough. There will always be unwanted pregnancies.

As for what is and what is not your business, if abortion is murder, and we have more than simple rationale to show this is the case, why would we not seek to save lives?

As for bringing Christianity into the argument, it's not necessary. The Pro Life movement can stand on empiricism and science alone.

Good effort, but like OhioLady, your views to overcome basic contradictions in your argument regarding this matter have been weighed and found wanting.

Cheers.
Then what is it you believe in? Forced birth for women? Requiring pregnant women to register when they become pregnant, so their pregnancy can be tracked? Or what? Or just ban abortion and hope pregnant women don't flock to the Internet looking for do it yourself abortion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 10:29 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,123,630 times
Abortion is nothing more than a miscarriage, only God didn't do it. Does this make God cruel for performing abortions? Just a question.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Being pro-life and ending abortion really begins with the individual. If you don't want to bring a new baby into the world, then please don't indulge in sexual intercourse. You can try to go around that by using birth control, but good luck on it working.
Birth control pills work well, but the poor can't afford them, and some religions are against them.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Ah, Townie. There is so much imprecision in your post I do not know where to start. Darwin Award post of the day, no?

Again, one does not have to insert religion into this dialogue just as you have done in some of your posts.

This need not be a religious issue. It is a simple common sense issue regarding humanity. You can make it theological if you want to, but I do not have to. I can look to the empirical data we have access to now---i.e., the clarity of ultrasounds within the womb.

There are many ProLife atheists, agnostics, etc. that have an aversion for anything theological yet still can look at the scientific data honestly and make the obvious observation that within the womb of a pregnant womb is a human child. Go ahead and advance outmoded stereotypes like your caricature of me utilizing a Bible verse to defend my position (which I have not done), but you do nothing to add to the dialogue when you do so.

Cheers.

secularprolife

About Pro-Life Humanists - Pro-Life Humanists
If we want to save humanity, we need to stop producing so many children, little gentleman.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Birth control pills work well, but the poor can't afford them, and some religions are against them.
Self control is FREE.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Self control is FREE.
You are so right, but what if a woman is married and doesn't want children, and they are poor, and so they don't want babies? I think birth control pills should be free to anyone old enough to have a baby. People just don't have self control, and I think it is because the sex drive is the strongest drive in humans, unless they are hungry.

I am all for women abstaining until the government changes the law s in their favor.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:58 PM

14,715 posts, read 453,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
https://www.ok.gov/triton/search.php...9%3BNB%3A1#947

Old 03-12-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
That is good to know.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:47 PM

15,710 posts, read 14,182,900 times
Quote:
Self control is FREE.

Good point.

If men would stop having sex unless they and the woman have both decided they want a baby women wouldn't be getting abortions.

There you go, problem solved.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Good point.

If men would stop having sex unless they and the woman have both decided they want a baby women wouldn't be getting abortions.

There you go, problem solved.
There you go. BINGO! And there are other ways of having sex that don't require intercourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma