Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:47 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times

Advertisements

Now I have always heard that "you can till by what a person drives to what kind of a person they are. Like if they drive a pickup that has leftover straw in the bed it may mean they are probably hard working farmer and there vehicle is just a piece of equipment. Or, if they drive a nice car (sedan) and they try to keep it clean, they could be a businessperson and use it as a status symbol. A single man with a flashy sports car are said to be over compensating , well you know.

So the question is, what kind of vehicle do you drive in Oklahoma and can we see it?

To start it off, here is my truck, now just remember that do carpentry work on the side and I like to lock my tools up. I don't drive it off road, so its not a 4WD for going mudding.

Now what type of a person do think I am?

Last edited by EarthBound?; 03-15-2008 at 06:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 03:25 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
I can't tell you what I'll drive in OK because I can't drive anymore, but I can tell you what I drove in AK. First one I owned was a '47 Chevy 4 speed - definitely a work truck. The bed had rusted out and the guy I bought it from replaced it with 6"x2"s and carried seal hides in it - he was a hunter - and it smelled pretty rank whenever the sun came out. But it was fine as long as it rained. Next was my ex's '69 Bronco, a 4x4, until he decided to buy a new truck for himself, then I ended up with his old Ford F-250 4x4 with locking tool panels and a winch mounted on the front bumper. When I got ready to make a trip down the Alcan, I got a GMC 3/4 ton 4x4, it was still a work truck but got a lot better mileage than the Ford. After I got back, it died once too often and I got PO'd and bought a new ['84] Toyota front wheel drive - very expensive hissy fit, that. Turned out that all that was wrong with the truck was that all the gas had been siphoned out and the fuel pump needed to be re-primed. Eventually I met DH, and I still had the GMC and the Toyota, and he bought a newer Chevy Silverado 4x4 and we parted out the GMC. After spending a winter in Anchorage and going back home, he traded his truck for a mobile home and within 5 months the Toyota died and we sold THAT for parts. Last was a Plymouth wagon [mine, and it had a back seat that folded down so I could haul all the dogs around], and a '91 Chevy 4x4 for him. The Plymouth's crank shaft broke and we parted IT out. Then when we left AK, he sold his pickup to pay for storage fees in advance. All work vehicles, even the Toyota, though it didn't start out that way. And when we left in 2000, there were other Toyotas driving around with pieces of my old one still visible. The engine and electronics were long gone, but the body was perfect and there were a lot of patchwork vehicles there. Mine was the only one of that particular color, so it was easy to spot a door here, or a fender there. And there were a lot of buy/sell/trades over the years - just under the legal limit each year for requiring a dealer's license.

None of them was as pretty as yours, though.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Here in our neck o the woods, we have "go get 'er" farmers.

They are the men who drive pickups with a bale of hay and barbed wire in the bed, and they sit at the store/diner/donut shop and visit with the other farmers, then at 3 or 4 o'clock, they say their wives are just about off work and they have to "go get her".

We have an old 94 chevy pickup for chores and I drive an 03 Honda Accord with 225K miles on it. And neither are clean! Ever! It is pointless to wash our vehicles out here. We live on a dirt road.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:47 PM

657 posts, read 1,599,789 times
2000 VW Golf GLS TDI... (yes, it's a diesel..) and no, it's not stock. by ANY means.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you drive?-dsc01083.jpg   What do you drive?-jon-car.jpg  

Old 03-12-2008, 05:27 PM

redbird4848, Here in our neck o the woods, we have "go get 'er" farmers.

They are the men who drive pickups with a bale of hay and barbed wire in the bed, and they sit at the store/diner/donut shop and visit with the other farmers, then at 3 or 4 o'clock, they say their wives are just about off work and they have to "go get her".

LOL, your killin me here redbird . Bjb123 and I are LOAO over you "go get'er" farmers crack, good one.

Now I'm still not seeing any pics of you rides .

Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 PM

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/100_9870.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-12-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Now what type of a person do think I am?
I would say you are someone who has some bucks. And it seems like retired military always have brand new shiny pickups. At least out here it does.

One could also try and guess what people drive by what little we know of their "online" personas.

I have seen pics of Pegs monster truck. I would say that behemoth tells tall tales about their lavish lifestyle!!

I don't know what MK or Synopse drive, but I would say Synopse's vehicle is very utilitarian... like a an off-white corolla or sedan with no frills. MK would have at some time owned a van full of tools and odds and ends.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 PM

758 posts, read 1,235,590 times
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/DVDFreaker/DSC00243.jpg (broken link)

I drive a 2000 Honda Civic

Old 03-12-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I would say you are someone who has some bucks. And it seems like retired military always have brand new shiny pickups. At least out here it does.

One could also try and guess what people drive by what little we know of their "online" personas.

I have seen pics of Pegs monster truck. I would say that behemoth tells tall tales about their lavish lifestyle!!

I don't know what MK or Synopse drive, but I would say Synopse's vehicle is very utilitarian... like a an off-white corolla or sedan with no frills. MK would have at some time owned a van full of tools and odds and ends.
Not really on the big bucks there redbird. You might say that this truck cost a couple of appendages, but not an arm or a leg.
It actually cost me part of my left hand after it had gotten torn-up under a faulty piece of equipment owned by Werner Trucking company and I had lost two fingers . Needless to say the Military had no use of me after 21 years of service and forced me to retire 3 yrs early.
But I do wish I had the big bucks, SO BJB123 I COULD GET OUT OF OHIO AND MOVE TO OKLAHOMA "NOW!!!!"

Old 03-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/DVDFreaker/DSC00243.jpg (broken link)

I drive a 2000 Honda Civic
Now this is a man that likes to save money, simple but usefull and probable great on gas, which we all need.. I like it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma