Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2008, 07:31 PM

5 posts, read 15,140 times

Advertisements

My name is Matt and I used to live in Shattuck. I now live in Richmond VA and miss Ok all of the time. You would think that at the age of 36, having moved to bigger places, that I would forget the tiny town of 1200. However, rarely does a spate of time go by that I don't miss it. If you lived in Shattuck, or feel the same way, drop a line. I moved from Shattuck when I was 14 in 1986. My dad owned Kough's department store and his father before him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
I don't live in Shattuck, but I understand how you feel. If I ever had to leave my little town, I think I would die of unhappiness.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
I go to Shattuck often. I have a great aunt that's lived there since 1942. If you want to move back I would suggest that you learn to speak Spanish. The German speakers are slowly being edged out of town.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,577 times
Default I lived in shattuck

matt1775 would your brother be Richard?

Old 04-10-2008, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,560 times
Default matt1775

Matt, are you a nephew of Kathy? I graduated from Shattuck in 1961 and my dearest friend is Connie Spicer who was a very close friend of Kathy Kough. Connie lives in Laverne and I am in Arkansas but have some land and a cabin in Texas, close to Pampa.
Shattuck was a nice place to grow up and I understand your attachment to it. I also remember the folks who owned the department store before the Koughs, Ratliffs. They were friends of my parents.
Please tell your family hello and advise them that Connie had a stroke several years ago but has recovered and is doing well. She belongs to the Methodist church and was baptized in the Beaver River! Praise God. Good to hear from you and it was by accident, of course! Jan Langley Janes

Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 AM

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar42936 View Post
matt1775 would your brother be
Richard?

That would be me, although I don't often claim him.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjanes View Post
Matt, are you a nephew of Kathy? I graduated from Shattuck in 1961 and my dearest friend is Connie Spicer who was a very close friend of Kathy Kough. Connie lives in Laverne and I am in Arkansas but have some land and a cabin in Texas, close to Pampa.
Shattuck was a nice place to grow up and I understand your attachment to it. I also remember the folks who owned the department store before the Koughs, Ratliffs. They were friends of my parents.
Please tell your family hello and advise them that Connie had a stroke several years ago but has recovered and is doing well. She belongs to the Methodist church and was baptized in the Beaver River! Praise God. Good to hear from you and it was by accident, of course! Jan Langley Janes
Yep,
Kathy Kough is my aunt and Bill Kough is my dad. Kathy and my grandmother are in OKC and dad is in Gettysburg.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,937 times
Hey! I was searching for "Kough" and "department store" and came across your post. You probably won't see it but oh well... I think we're related somehow. My dad is Robert. Hello relative!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:20 PM

17 posts, read 24,936 times
Hello, Matt if you're still tracking this thread (since your OP is over 5 years old), just thought I'd tell you your hometown can be viewed on Google Earth or Google Maps via street view. I love either one as I can see what it looks like, right there. I use GE all the time. Anyway, if not here hopefully you'll have met up with some locals you remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma