Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 AM

840 posts, read 3,466,287 times

Advertisements

Looking for info on him and his work as a sculptures. I believe he did Frankoma Sculptures....and I want to know more before I go to the Frankoma convention in September. FFCA REUNION 2008 HOME PAGE

This might not be correct information but what I have found so far (Could you correct me if I am wrong, please?):

His brother (?) was Senator Enoch Kelly Haney from Seminole whose work The Guardian sits atop the Oklahoma State Capitol. There is also a nine-foot edition of The Guardian on the second floor of the Oklahoma State Capitol. Enoch is Haney’s own grandfather was chief of the Seminole Tribe in the 1940s. It shows Enoch is the son of a full blood Seminole and Creek Indian, William Woodrow Haney and his wife Hattie Louise Haney) so I am assuming William Woodrow Haney Jr. would be his brother
The Guardian by Enoch Kelley Haney

William Woodrow Haney Jr. Lifelong Seminole resident William Woodrow "Bill" Haney Jr., 62, died Sunday, June 11, 2006 at his home in Seminole. -From the Shawnee News Star
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 PM

288 posts, read 656,057 times
I know his son. I used to work with him. If you will give me your email address, I will pass it along. I just hate to give out his information without permission. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 5,718 times
I have for over 20 years a handmade Seminole three tier breastplate with the inscription " Woodrow Haney" on the back. I cannot remember from whom I received it or when. Does anyone have information for me?

Old 04-26-2011, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 5,033 times
William "Bill" Haney,Jr aka Bill or Jr to friends and family has passed away a few years ago. He was a sculptor and the brother of artist and former state Sen. Enoch "Kelly" Haney and was the son of William Woodrow Haney aka Woodrow, Woody, Wotko and Hattie (Harjo) Haney. Bill, or Jr Haney mostly did sculptures and did some for Frankoma, Kelly Haney mostly paints, but does have sculptures most famous one sits atop the OK state capitol dome, The Guardian and Woodrow Haney mostly made hand carved cedar flutes, leather work, arts and crafts, storytelling and taught the Muscogee language and travelled along w/his second wife Pauline Haney. She is my grandmother and he was the only grandfather I ever knew my whole life. I lived w/them growing up. I hope this helps. So, the breastplate you have was probably made by my grandfather William Woodrow Haney,Sr.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,507 times
I hope this finds whom ever it was looking for Bill's Frankhoma Sculpture.
I have someting you might want to see and hear about.
I think you can find my e-mail address if not post here. and I'll try to get to you.
arni anderson

Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 4,119 times
I have a statue of a Native American [head] carved from Oklahoma sandstone with inscription of William Haney and dated 1988. I love this statue and would like to know more about it and more about William Haney if possible. Thank you.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,981 times
I hope someone is paying attention to this thread. I became aware of William Woodrow Haney Jr. through his diligent work as a cultural ambassador for Native Americans, and his work as a musician and flute maker. Shortly after his death in 2006, although I didn't know he had passed away, I was hard at work on an audio reconstruction of a cassette tape of Native American music he had recorded. I contacted one of his family members, a man who was a high-ranking official with the Muscogee-Creek Nation. I also attempted to contact his widow. I never heard back from his widow, but the official, who I believe was his brother, seemed to be very disinterested. It was as if Woodrow's life work was of no importance. Why would his own family not care whether his contribution to understanding Native American culture was not important? I understand that families sometime have problems, but surely Woodrow deserved more than to become an obscure footnote.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,631 times
Please email me about Woodrow Haney. I can help. Or William Woodrow Haney, Sr.
AutumnStarcateri [email]g@gmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: