Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:08 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Back when I was preaching/pastoring I attended a conference where there was a small town pastor who stated, flatly, that the ecology movement was not Biblical.

Although I presented evidence that that was not so, we ended up agreeing to disagree, as I feel that when God gave us "dominion" over the earth, he meant we were to manage it, not squander it.
Now thats something I have to agree with, . To often the powers to be forget the roots of Biblical teaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,912,350 times
Quote:
Back when I was preaching/pastoring I attended a conference where there was a small town pastor who stated, flatly, that the ecology movement was not Biblical.

Although I presented evidence that that was not so, we ended up agreeing to disagree, as I feel that when God gave us "dominion" over the earth, he meant we were to manage it, not squander it.
All kinds of individuals have their own interpretations of their religions. Please don't let people like this guy you recall here give you the idea that all "Protestants" or followers of any other faith share his attitude.

Agreed absolutely on your last point. Right on!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:09 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
It is good to read your words Goodpasture, and as the Great Chief Seattle would say, to us the ashes of our ancestors are sacred and their resting place is hollowed ground. You wander far from the graves of your ancestors and seemingly without regret. Your religion is written on tablets of stone by the iron finger of your God so that you could not forget. The Red Man could never comprehend nor remember it. Our religion is the traditions of our ancestors - the dreams of our old men, given them in the solemn hours of night by the Great Spirit; and the visions of our sachems, and it is written in the hearts of our people.
You're dead cease to love you in the land of their nativity as soon as they passed the portals of the tomb and wander away beyond the stars. They are soon forgotten and never return. Our dead never forget the beautiful world that gave them being. They still love its verdant valleys, it's murmuring rivers, it's magnificent mountains, sequestered vales and verdant - lined lakes and bays, and ever yearn in tender, fond affection over the lonely hearted living, and often return from the Happy Hunting Ground to visit, guide, console and comfort them.

This is but a small part of the great words of the Great Chief Seattle.

It is good to read your words and I am enlightened but what you had to say and will continue to visit the site to see what more can be said and learned. osay

Old 04-06-2008, 07:35 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Wado, Adadoda

Old 04-07-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Wado, Adadoda
Goodpasture, although I do not speak the language of my brother the Pawnee and we cannot visibly see each other,I'll take your words as a good greeting and I will greet you in the Tsalagi, "Osayo" this is with respect.

In your original post, it was quite interesting to read, for as you can see my location and surroundings is with the Mother and from her is where I draw my strength and understanding, we have already done the Spring cleansing, and my ancestors and spirits are pleased with it. Again, osay

Old 04-07-2008, 07:27 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
My mothers mother was Tsalagi.....I just live in Pawnee

Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
a beautiful Cherokee Morning song

YouTube - Cherokee Morning Song (A beautiful Native American song)

Old 04-09-2008, 05:24 PM

My brother Redbird, thank you for this beautiful site, you make this old man's heart swell with pride and tears come to my eyes as I remember the music of my ancestors. Modern technology is a wonderful thing it has enabled us to take the music of our people, the music of this land and be able to spread it throughout the world for all to hear, this is a good thing. osay

Old 04-12-2008, 12:27 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,402,634 times
I tried smoking GP's house today, but it's filterless
and I ended up choking my brains out, even though he claims
it has less tar and nicotine than a good cigar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma