Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:53 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,786,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
You guys are too much!!!

So when is the Okie get together?
Soon, I hope. I'm just itching to meet y'all in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Well, are the black Spy and is Synopse the white Spy?
Hey I used to read MAD too!
Even had a paperback edition of Spy vs. Spy.

Quote:
If you ARE headed towards OK, you better be careful, all these storms are headed NE and will be in MO thursday. It is pouring down again here again.
Yes, I can personally verify that the storm is in MO.

Quote:
Extra GOOD luck on your journey if you are headed this way house hunting!
I have a friendly local professional who would be assisting me...
That is if I was actually going to OK...

Remember... I never said that I was doing anything
other than being out of town.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Soon, I hope. I'm just itching to meet y'all in person.
Could happen Sooner than you think.

I might be off-line for a while....
Please don't anybody start a where's CG thread.

Thanks for you're cooperation.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:02 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
Quote:
Behind the stove, with an apron on. Oh, and barefoot.
And pregnant.........

Nothing prettier or sweeter than a pregnant woman bringing coffee and the morning paper into the bedroom, all dolled up, with make up and those sheer pantyhose and high heels making the legs look so dynamite, on her way out the door to her job......

And people say I'm not romantic...........

Old 04-10-2008, 11:07 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,541,867 times
Quote:
Behind the stove, with an apron on. Oh, and barefoot.
Please don't encourage him

Old 04-10-2008, 12:17 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,786,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Please don't encourage him
Sorry Schousse, after his last post, I think I'll lay low for a while. He's definitely getting out of hand.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:09 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,319,705 times
Okay, directly from me. I AM HERE!

Actually, I've been here several days, but Camp Peaceful is in a dead zone, as far as cell phones go. Rarely, very rarely, I can get out, but whovever is on the receiving end can't hear me.

You can't imagine how blessedly quiet is it after years of having neighbors so close one could hear them sneeze. If it wasn't for the lack of phone and the internet, I could live there forever, but somehow I think I'd outstay my welcome, eventually.

The trip was an adventure all on its own. The pass I was most worried about - Snoqualmie, just east of Seattle and having had much more than it's share of avalanchels this winter, was the easiest, after all. The one east of Pendleton [Oregon!] was all black ice so we had to wait until it warmed up enough to melt it. The one after that was just plain windy.The next one was even windier. Eventually it got to the point where the temps were in the low 20s and the wind in the high 50s [mph] and Evil Bird had to ride in the cab of the truck with us - it did get a bit crowded at times. The final rough spot was where a semi had rolled and dumped a bunch of chemicals that caught fire and burned some of the road. The wind, and some interesting packing of the camper by my helpers in WA, resulted in some of the siding peeling away from the front of the camper, and it[s now a rolling testimonial to pigheadedness, ingenuity, and the power of duct tape. It will never look the same, though, I'm afraid.

Now I'm waiting impatientiently for closing on the house. It's even better than any of the ones I found on the net. Actually, it is one of the ones I did find, but seeing it in person was a lot different that looking at pictures.

And this may be the last time I post until I get my own computer up and going. I'm using one at the library, and it is TOTALLY different from mine, in every was imaginable!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:42 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
Very good to hear from you. Can we refer to you as The Hermit Woman?

Hope the storms didn't do any damage to your trailer. You might try hiking to the top of the hill to call out. We tried to call you, but the cell phone number does not seem to work. I wonder if we are supposed to still dial the WA area code?

Old 04-11-2008, 07:10 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,826,591 times
*Yay* Kari! http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/4.gif (broken link) Good to hear you are doing well.

Good job with the Library comp! We had to do that for awhile once and I was TOTALLY lost!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Sorry Schousse, after his last post, I think I'll lay low for a while. He's definitely getting out of hand.
Don't worry!

I'm being a good influence on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma