Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2006, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,142 times

Advertisements

i have heard there is a museum there in ada, that has some history concerning the late 1800s and early 1900s and the federal law enforcement persons that were hired for the indian territory. My great grandfather, whose name was Eli Wilson Morris was a federal constable there in ada for many years. i understnd the museum has information on him and the other federal officials of that era. I do not know the name of the museum or for sure if it is actually there in ada. i was needing contact iformation in order to donate some articles that my great grandad had, to the museum. If anyone can give me this info or head me in the right direction i would really appreciate it..thanks rick morris, panhandle texas email me at Txangel23@juno.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 02:09 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
I'm from Ada, and I don't recall any museum concerning the history of law enforcement in the area during the 1800s and 1900s. It could be that the chamber of commerce there has historical facts that they make available for viewing. Go to the city of Ada's website at www.adaok.com or the ada evening news website at www.adaeveningnews.com. I'm sure that someone from one of those places could answer your questions.
Good luck!

Old 01-05-2007, 10:56 AM

8 posts, read 48,982 times
Former Senator Billie Floyd and a group called P.A.S.T. in Ada have been working on opening a museum in Ada for many years and I believe they are getting really close. I know that they would love to have your grandfathers documents. I do't know Billies email but her address is in the phone book: 13664 CR 3594, Ada OK 74820

Old 01-14-2007, 05:19 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
I would suggest contacting the local public library or the library at the university in Ada. If they don't have historical archives of their own, they should know how to put you in contact with the appropriate parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma