Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:52 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
I'm truly surprised at your reactions of Oklahoma. Were you born and raised here or something?
Quote:
Most Californians despise Oklahoma and laugh when they hear someone say it. A lot still think we ride on horses and crap too.
Come-on,,,,,,,, give me alittle more credit then that.

I will say that alot of people out west think that this is nothing but flat land here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
Hey y'all (I've been saying y'all all week now, it's contagious). Anyway, had a wonderful trip and a productive one. Had a couple of interviews that went extremely well. We also secured a house in Norman. I will post some pics in the pics thread. We'll be moving in June and I can't wait to be a transplant okie . I might have passed you guys on the freeway or some road. I drove all around. Nice storm you had there last week. Man,
Quote:
I forgot how loud the thunder sounds.
I thought it was an earthquake, but then remembered we were in OK. I got hooked watching the all the weather updates.
So you noticed it too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

I'd say the the sound of rolling thunder makes rolling earthquakes sound silent

Old 04-13-2008, 08:33 PM

266 posts, read 972,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Come-on,,,,,,,, give me alittle more credit then that.

I will say that alot of people out west think that this is nothing but flat land here.
I have first hand accounts.. Well stories from family members, friends family members, etc.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I have first hand accounts.. Well stories from family members, friends family members, etc.
I wasn't denying what you said, I'm just saying that I'm not one of those Californians.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 PM

330 posts, read 970,371 times
Quote:
I'm truly surprised at your reactions of Oklahoma. Were you born and raised here or something? Most Californians despise Oklahoma and laugh when they hear someone say it. A lot still think we ride on horses and crap too.

I've been out to OK quite a few times. I had friends who went OU. I still have a friend going there through the online program. It came highly recommended and I agree with them. Yes, a lot of people think of OK as flat farm/cattle land where you grow your own food and whittle wood on the front porch. That's a good thing though because I'm sure OK doesn't want everyone to relocate there. Yeah, yeah, OK sucks everyone, don't go there

Old 04-14-2008, 08:09 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
I've been out to OK quite a few times. I had friends who went OU. I still have a friend going there through the online program. It came highly recommended and I agree with them. Yes, a lot of people think of OK as flat farm/cattle land where you grow your own food and whittle wood on the front porch. That's a good thing though because I'm sure OK doesn't want everyone to relocate there. Yeah, yeah, OK sucks everyone, don't go there
Y'all have to explain to your friends that we have to grow our own food because so many of us are missing teeth.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Y'all have to explain to your friends that we have to grow our own food because so many of us are missing teeth.
I lost mine when I was 14.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:47 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,862 times
Quote:
I lost mine when I was 14.
You still had teeth at 14!!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:32 PM

266 posts, read 972,017 times
Quote:
I wasn't denying what you said, I'm just saying that I'm not one of those Californians.
No lol, I know you weren't, sorry I came off a little rude.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 PM

330 posts, read 970,371 times
There you guys go, clinging to your guns and your faith - I heard that somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma