Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
That wasn't meant as sympathy...

That was ADMIRATION. Big difference.
That's a relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 07:00 PM

708 posts, read 688,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
That's terrible. I would never want to go through what you did.

I have to agree, If it wasn't for the people on this site, I think everything woulfd still be locked inside and every worse after finding the link.
i didnt want to go through it every but yeah this site has made such a difference in my life

Old 04-24-2008, 07:48 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
This is the place to bare you soul because you are among friends here. We are all the sum and substance of our experiences, for better or for worse; and that which doesn't kill us will make us strong.

Cali, you're a very strong young lady who has witnessed and survived a horrendous experience. You will never forget that terrible day, but you are certainly going in the right direction to heal yourself.

MK, I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to talk about your experiences here also. We can offer compassion (not pity) and admiration (not condemnation) because we are your friends.

Peace, brother.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:54 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
We're all friends here. MK and Cali, I am sorry for what you've had to endure. And MK, that place really is creepy from the pictures.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 PM

708 posts, read 688,178 times
i really do think im going the right way ive gotten over many things and one thing that i really regert is cutting. i did that after my parents died and now i have scares...but i bless this board up and down for everything u did!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:30 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,402,856 times
As I've said before...

There are a very special group of folks here.
I've never seen another place like it.

How lucky we are to be here.

There's even someone here I met who's never posted,
(only reads it) who's been very important in my life.

I've been here 6 months now... And I'm not even a forum kind of guy.

Someone should plan an all inclusive get together sometime.

Perhaps our local mods.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:10 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
i really do think im going the right way ive gotten over many things and one thing that i really regert is cutting. i did that after my parents died and now i have scares...but i bless this board up and down for everything u did!
You're a blessing to us Cali; you really are. For someone as young as you to come through everything that you've been through with such a positive attitude, I'm really impressed. You will go far in life young lady. Just look ahead. Those aren't train lights coming at you, it's a bright future ahead.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 AM

432 posts, read 669,255 times
Quote:
i didnt want to go through it every but yeah this site has made such a difference in my life
Everyone else has pretty much said it all, so I endorse what they said. I'm glad that we can be friends to Britney, MK, and any other one of us that needs it. If you can walk with friends as you travel through life, it sure does help. It's wonderful.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:31 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
MK, I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to talk about your experiences here also. We can offer compassion (not pity) and admiration (not condemnation) because we are your friends.

Peace, brother.
And then some day, you will use humor when talking about that place. That is how NDN's put it into its proper perspective.

A great friend and mentor of mine used to say... (oh gawd, I can't believe I am resorting to "cutesy" sayings)

You can be who you are because of where you came from.. or you can become who you are IN SPITE of where you came from.

<groan> I know, I hate it when CDF people try and offer support with cheesy sayings, but I don't want to break into the humor bag until I get the green light.

Then you can start saying things like...

A funny thing happened to me at the children's insane asylum...

Or

I went to my 40th reunion for the children's insane asylum...

Now that would be kew-ohl. See? You have all kinds of material just waiting for you to use!

Here let ol' Redbird help. This IS kind of my area (lunacy), Just leave glib little tidbits out here and there, which really makes people bite and want more.

Something like, yeah, when I left it was rumored the one or two of the administrative staff was locked up in the basement.....

That kind of thing drives normal people stark raving mad! They begin to wonder, see...

Here's another one.

This is my friend, Zietgeist, he also survived the asylum. We are going to be in your neighborhood, and Zeitgeist wants to meet you. Is that cool?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/rbinsanehumor.jpg (broken link)

Then people will wonder if YOU are really Zeitgeist.

Last edited by _redbird_; 04-25-2008 at 07:50 AM..

Old 04-25-2008, 08:01 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
Quote:
A couple of Anna's friends got into cutting. It's so destructive. I'm glad you stopped. The scars will always remind you that self destruction doesn't change anything, and the evidence of that will help you in later years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma