Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 01:24 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times

Advertisements

I want to wish all the okie Mom's and the soon-to-be Cali Mom a Happy Mother's Day.

I lost my mom about a year ago, and it is very very hard to think about. So, those of you who are mother's know how strong the bond is between mother and child, or in my case, the baby of the family.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/Happy_Mothers_Day.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 02:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,826,984 times
What a sweetie. Thank-you!

(you know) You're not alone luv... http://pages.prodigy.net/jimeez/_uimages/Hugs2.gif (broken link)

I was the "baby" too and my Mom passed 8 years ago...worse yet was losing Jim's Mom last year. That sweet Lady was my best bud, my softest shoulder, and my rock to lean on for over 20 years.

Suffice to say that Mother's Day is a bittersweet holiday around here too...

But...

Happy Mother's Day to all of the other Moms. Grandmoms, Moms to be, and "wanna be" Moms out there!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/jimeez/_uimages/bloomingrose.gif (broken link)

Old 05-09-2008, 03:59 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,159 times
Thanks Redbird. You know, I often tell my children that it doesn't matter how old you are when your mother dies, you still feel like an orphan. It's very hard to lose a mother -- second only to losing a child.

Happy mothers day to all mothers out there.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 PM

713 posts, read 2,716,544 times
Thank you redbird. Although I am no longer living in OK my youngest child was born in OKC 14 1/2 yrs ago and that makes him extra special to me.

Happy Mom's Day!

Old 05-09-2008, 08:40 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Redbird your what my DW calls a (Bagelman), Hard and crusty on the outside an soft on the inside. Atleast thats what she calls me, (Bjb123) that is. Because when it comes to Moms and little ones, I'm like a big soft Teddybear . But if someone hurts either one of them, then I turn into a PO'd grizzly bear .

Happy Mothers Day to all you ladies .

Old 05-09-2008, 08:51 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Redbird your what my DW calls a (Bagelman), Hard and crusty on the outside an soft on the inside. Atleast thats what she calls me, (Bjb123) that is. Because when it comes to Moms and little ones, I'm like a big soft Teddybear . But if someone hurts either one of them, then I turn into a PO'd grizzly bear .

DW??! You REALLY are CDF hard core! You even picked up the slang! LOL.

Bagleman. That is too funny. That's better than being called a rough tough creme puff.

Happy Mother's Day to your "DW" and veryniceBecky also.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post

"DW"????????
(Wait 'till I tell BJB what you called her.")

And you have the audacity to complain about the kids
with their IM-Speak????
(Yes Cali, you can give him "stuff" now...)

Sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black to me Seab....

I'm on "Dinner-Call #4", and I want to live...
So, I'll "C'ya in the AM" pal...

Old 05-09-2008, 09:40 PM

708 posts, read 687,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I want to wish all the okie Mom's and the soon-to-be Cali Mom a Happy Mother's Day.

I lost my mom about a year ago, and it is very very hard to think about. So, those of you who are mother's know how strong the bond is between mother and child, or in my case, the baby of the family.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/Happy_Mothers_Day.jpg (broken link)
haha...thanks =)HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL OKIE MOMS!! Colleen Peggy!!! love you guys!!Happy mothers day Mommy R.I.P and happy mothers day Kathy!

Old 05-10-2008, 05:30 AM

432 posts, read 668,996 times
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, and to all you moms here on the forum.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:59 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and future moms.

I got a tear in my eye thinking about my mom and my mother-in-law who was just like a mom to me for so many years. I sure do miss them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma