Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 04:17 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
When I read those old howest2008 posts and treads I tend to CRINGE MUCH MORE THAN LOL........
Can't believe that the mods were trying to boot you or Goodpasture either one.

Good to see B&C swing back by.

Chicago Dude went bye, bye...

Bawac (BChris) went to Phoenix and seems to be happier.

I believe the Atlanta Guy finally got himself a girlfriend.

I kind of miss our malcontents...

It's going to be kind of boring with the rest of us just sitting around talking about how "swell" and peachy" Oklahoma is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 11:09 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Can't believe that the mods were trying to boot you or Goodpasture either one.

Good to see B&C swing back by.

Chicago Dude went bye, bye...

Bawac (BChris) went to Phoenix and seems to be happier.

I believe the Atlanta Guy finally got himself a girlfriend.

I kind of miss our malcontents...

It's going to be kind of boring with the rest of us just sitting around talking about how "swell" and peachy" Oklahoma is.

Nobody ain't cryin' on that deal.

Genuinely happy for BChris. He struggled a long time. Hope it works out for him.

Old 06-03-2021, 11:03 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Nobody ain't cryin' on that deal.

Genuinely happy for BChris. He struggled a long time. Hope it works out for him.
Yeah thought that he would have gone San Francisco , but Phoenix is good enough .....

My wife /&i/were in Phoenix/April

Old 06-04-2021, 06:53 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,869,900 times
His last post sounded like business as usual.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 612 times
Well, I hope no one minds if I jump in here as I have a lot to say about the great state of Oklahoma. I live in New York City and it seems to me that Oklahoma is very far away from me, and yet I often think to myself, "I wonder how things are going in Oklahoma at the moment?" I don't know why, it's just something I sometimes think about.

I will introduce myself, my name is Junior Evans and my daddy's name was Senior, yes those are our given names and not nicknames. I guess my grandparents had a sense of humor and when I was born my daddy thought he would keep the joke alive. I don't have any kids but if I ever have a boy I might name him The Third.

Anyway how is Oklahoma treating all of you fine People? I am surely glad to have discovered this website, which I did not know about until this morning when I was doing a google search for "places to live in McAlester Oklahoma." Bear in mind that I am not moving to McAlester, but sometimes I like to do some googling about places to live in different towns in Oklahoma. I don't know why, it's just a hobby of mine.

I actually visited Oklahoma City over the summer and I saw many things, such as the Coyote Ugly bar and also the Cattlemen's steakhouse (which I did eat at and I had a steak that cost $23.50 and was the most delicious piece of meat I have ever inserted into my mouth (NO INAPPROPRIATE JOKES PLEASE). To get a steak that good here on the island of Manhattan I would have to pay at least $60-70, if not more. I don't know why everything is so expensive here, but needless to say I don't eat much steak in New York.

I hope it is a great day to be a SOONER. In New York the temperature is blazing hot and it's humid and we have smoke in the air from the wildfires out west. It feels a little like the end of the world, and one thing I'll tell you for sure is that this place is crowded with people. You go outside and look in any direction at almost any time of day and there will probably be at least twenty people in your line of sight. Sometimes when I take my dog out to do her business I count the number of people that walk by us just in the minute or two we're outside; it's never less than 10 people.

Oklahoma is the state I fantasize about moving to when I get to feeling stressed out about how crowded and noisy it is here, and one day maybe I will. I hope you fine people are enjoying your beautiful state and appreciating all of the many blessings you have.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Thank you. We're loving the summer, since it hasn't gotten up to a 100 yet in the eastern 2/3rds of Oklahoma. The last year Oklahoma City didn't get up to 100 was 2004. Highs only to be in the 80s for most of the next 10 days. It's rained enough this summer, especially for people who got under the heaviest storms. We had smoke from the wild fires too, but as of now it's cleared out.

My idea of crowds in Oklahoma is always indoors, such as at Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma the day after Thanksgiving or at Wal-Mart. Or hearing your New York Philharmonic Orchestra perform Beethoven's 3rd before a sell out crowd at the grand opening of OSU's McKnight Center For the Performing Arts in Oct. 2019.

Move to Edmond sometime and be close to Lake Arcadia next to the famous Rt. 66. And also be very close to Oklahoma City. It would be hard to do Oklahoma any better.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:50 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahomadreamin View Post

"places to live in McAlester Oklahoma." Bear in mind that I am not moving to McAlester, but sometimes I like to do some googling about places to live in different towns in Oklahoma. I don't know why, it's just a hobby of mine.

Oklahoma is the state I fantasize about moving to when I get to feeling stressed out about how crowded and noisy it is here, and one day maybe I will. I hope you fine people are enjoying your beautiful state and appreciating all of the many blessings you have.
Welcome to our board. Feel free to contribute. And it's nice to have an outsider be complimentary of our state.

Thought I'd share a couple of my own stories with you.

When I was 15 one day a couple of friends of mine decided we would cold call people in NYC just to ask them what it was like living there. This is back with land lines and expensive long distance bills. We called about five people and a couple of them took the time to visit with us. It was great until our parents got the phone bill. Then it wasn't.

Another story. I lived in Tucson, AZ at this time and worked in a hospital. One of the maintenance men at the hospital wore an Oklahoma Sooner shirt to work every day. I asked him if he was from Oklahoma. He said no, he was from New York (Upstate). Said he had never set foot in Oklahoma but feel in love with the Sooners as a kid. He invited me to his house. It was like a shrine to OU football. He had every magazine, had a tape (back in VCR days) of every game, had stuff on the walls and on the coffee tables.

Finally, on McAlester. We need you to visit. McAlester is famous for the little town next to it called Krebs. Krebs is an old mining community and was home to many Italian immigrants in the distant past. Several of the families opened Italian restaurants that are famous in these parts. We need someone like you to come down and tell us if they are near as good as we claim they are. LOL.

Finally, McAlester is the gateway to the most beautiful part of our state. The Ouachita mountains. You could come down here and eat some Italian food and do the Talimena drive.

Old 08-15-2021, 12:37 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
With so many businesses in Oklahoma desperate for help, seldom has there been a better time for someone young or old from New York City who fantasizes about living in Oklahoma to move there. My favorite restaurant, Mexico Joe's still has a sign out for help wanted. My other favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, I bet could use some more help, too. If a lot bigger city is desired, such as Oklahoma City, businesses there are also desperate for help.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:54 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,545,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Posted this in one of my responses on another thread.

We need GoodPasture and his wife back---she was from Europe I think but has grown to love Okies.
I am still here and I still love Okies

I have no idea where Goodpasture is. And I was never his wife

Okie1962 sounds familiar but I cannot place him. I spoke with Redbird a while back, He is adjusting to being a widower

EDITED TO ADD: Duh, of course I know Okie1962. Am still in contact with his widower. I miss him.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:06 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,545,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

When Okie1962 died I wrote Annemieke Roell asking her about the date of the funeral of Okie1962 , and she told me that it was the wishes of Okie1962 that there will not be a burial or a funeral for him. I was even going to travel all the way from California to Oklahoma to go to Okie 1962 funeral.

L
That is so sweet. BTW, I am not, nor ever was, his wife
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma