U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 PM

7,525 posts, read 15,603,197 times

Advertisements

Oklahoma State University is going to receive money from a philanthropist. After giving the University $165 million for the athletic department a couple of years ago, "major donor Boone Pickens and Oklahoma Gov. Brad Henry, plan to announce the biggest donation to collegiate academics in state history" (Tulsa World: Boone Pickens to make large donation to OSU academics )

They are gonna announce how much tomorrow.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 02:27 PM

11,878 posts, read 34,664,774 times
I'm really interested in this. I hope it's even bigger than the Sports donation.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:22 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,240,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Oklahoma State University is going to receive money from a philanthropist. After giving the University $165 million for the athletic department a couple of years ago, "major donor Boone Pickens and Oklahoma Gov. Brad Henry, plan to announce the biggest donation to collegiate academics in state history" (Tulsa World: Boone Pickens to make large donation to OSU academics )

They are gonna announce how much tomorrow.
Yea, that may help keep the tuition down.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:32 PM

23,467 posts, read 16,318,559 times
This is great news to add on to the fact that OSU currently has under construction at least two or three buildings related to adademics, such as Classroom Building North. It will, no doubt, further add to Stillwater's economy and keep Stillwater a more interesting place to live than in most other Oklahoma towns.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:05 AM

3,160 posts, read 9,966,502 times
Hooray for T. Boone Pickens! The amount will be announced at 11:00 am today.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:20 AM

779 posts, read 2,110,293 times
According to Newsok, it is a gift of $100 million. As an OU fan and future alumnus, I am glad that OSU is finally getting money for its academics. A lot of people (me included) gave T Boone some heat for giving so much $$$ to athletics. Anything good for OSU is good for Oklahoma.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,284 times
hi guys..I from Turkey and I wanna study in Oklahoma State University but I do need your help...if anybody knows how people get full tuition scholarship.because I have financial problems..and I am doing sports and I am in Nhs and those stuff.please do help me....

Old 05-21-2008, 04:50 PM

11,878 posts, read 34,664,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagatay View Post
hi guys..I from Turkey and I wanna study in Oklahoma State University but I do need your help...if anybody knows how people get full tuition scholarship.because I have financial problems..and I am doing sports and I am in Nhs and those stuff.please do help me....
I think the best thing would be to contact the University directly; nothing better than straight from the source!

Below is a link to their International Gateway Program.

International Gateway

And here is their email address..

outreach@okstate.edu

Good luck!

BTW, Turkey is an absolutely GORGEOUS country. Wonderful climate, and scenery everywhere!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: