Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,804,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Ane if anyone know how we can oppose it please email us. I oppose this. Just what we need. Mexico truckers delivery our goods and put our truckers out of business I guess. What gives with both parties in our government. They are all in favor of this nafta stuff which as one can tell hasn't been too good for us. I did hear Texas was infavor of nafta. Why!!!!!!!

Demographics. Texas is a border state and there are many sympathetic to Mexico. Not that I agree; I'm just stating facts. Dallas, for example is a minority majority city. The largest demographic in Dallas is Latino/Hispanic. They are now the majority.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:58 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,763,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Demographics. Texas is a border state and there are many sympathetic to Mexico. Not that I agree; I'm just stating facts. Dallas, for example is a minority majority city. The largest demographic in Dallas is Latino/Hispanic. They are now the majority.
Wow, I didn't realize that about Dallas. I would think they are far enoiugh away from the border. I know Miami (FL) is probably a minority majority by now, and I'm sure there are places in NM and CA also. But that really surpises me about Dallas

Old 05-29-2008, 10:06 AM

266 posts, read 968,564 times
Glad to see other people are aware of this.

IT'S BAD!!!
www.ok-safe.com has a ton of information on this and other things. It's a group that wants to protect sovereignty and free enterprise.
This link will take you to a page with more links on it pertaining to this "NAFTA Super highway". Read up a little bit. And fight this all you can!
http://www.ok-safe.com/Website/Default.aspx?id=5&pageid=14 (broken link)

Here's a youtube video relating to this.

YouTube - Marci Kaptur North American Union Cintra

What will happen is that China will be putting in ports in Mexico causing all of ours on the West Coast to be shut down, cutting thousands of jobs. They will then push this and have this "super highway" stretch from Mexico to Canda using Mexican truck drivers, again cutting thousands and thousands of more jobs.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:27 PM

330 posts, read 967,671 times
You know, my friend had talked about fighting another war of independence from a tyrannical government about 10 years ago. This time, it will be against our own government for doing the same things that they did against the founders of the country. He said the citizenry will be unable to fight against our own military because they have all the goodies, but instead will look more like a unified protest of states banding together to fight against the U.S. Government. States will elect to secede from the union and reject the government. Now 10 years later, it's certainly beginning to look like his theory is coming together. Funny how history repeats itself over and over again.

I hereby announce my enlistment into the Okie Citizenry Militia to defend Oklahoma from any tyrannical government, foreign threats, and domestic threats that might materialize in the future.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:21 PM

I'm a firm believer that our federal government is getting way out of control. The SPP website is just one of the many indicators of a government, especially the exectutive branch that has gotten too big for its britches. Of course, the rest of the branches aren't far behind.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:01 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,350,560 times
non.US drivers ignore any of the US state or Federal D.O.T.(driver/vehicle) and Transporting regulations.

It has already been noted that Trucks from south of the border have been seen with, bald tires, out dated/ non licensed trucks and cargo trailers.

Mexican Truck Protest Shows Bald Tires On Trucks [Pics] : Diggers Realm

Welcome to the Truck Safety Coalition (http://www.trucksafety.org/police_crack_down.php - broken link)

Old 05-29-2008, 03:19 PM

I am also happy to see that most of you are aware of NAFTA and are concerned about what it's causing.

Lack of knowlege is how things get past us, just like our Government wants.

Oklahoma Opposes NAFTA:

you can help
CFP: Act Now to Stop Oklahoma NAFTA Superhighway!

Oklahoma Recalls NAFTA Highway Bill

'NAFTA Superhighway stops here,' says Okla. senator

Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Quote:
Collen wrote:
Wow, I didn't realize that about Dallas. I would think they are far enoiugh away from the border. I know Miami (FL) is probably a minority majority by now, and I'm sure there are places in NM and CA also. But that really surpises me about Dallas
Parkland Memorial Hospital,"Dallas, Tx,"
snopes.com: Parkland Memorial Hospital and Illegal Immigrants

Old 05-29-2008, 04:28 PM

If we start talking about illegal immigration, I'll be forced to move the thread to the Immigration forum. So let's try and stay on the whole superhighway topic okay?

Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM

68 posts, read 229,397 times
Where is the immegration forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma