Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 03:51 PM

113 posts, read 438,022 times

Advertisements

I just saw this story and thought it was so sad. My heart goes out to both families. I pray the OSBI finds the monster responsible.

My Way News - Girls found dead near small Oklahoma town

Girls found dead near small Oklahoma town
Jun 10, 4:51 PM (ET)
By JUSTIN JUOZAPAVICIUS
TULSA, Okla. (AP) - The bodies of two girls were found shot to death in their rural community, along a dirt road the best friends used dozens of times to play and walk to sleepovers. By Tuesday investigators had found no suspects and were unsure of the motive for Sunday's killings of 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker.
Taylor's grandfather found their bodies after his wife got no answer when she called Taylor's cellular phone. The girls were sleeping over at Taylor's house and had decided to take a walk down the desolate road Sunday afternoon.
Peter Placker sobbed uncontrollably Monday as he tried to remember finding the girls' bodies about a quarter of a mile from his house near Weleetka, about 70 miles south of Tulsa.
"I can't describe coming up on it," he said. "I done it once and I can't do it again."
Kevin Rowland, chief investigator with the state medical examiner's office, said the girls each suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the head and chest.
A $14,000 reward was being offered for information about the killings.
Ben Rosser, an agent with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said it appears unlikely the girls were sexually assaulted. He said investigators were examining evidence including tire tracks, shell casings, ballistics and shoe prints for any possible leads.
Investigators suspect a local person was involved in the killings because they occurred in such an isolated area, Rosser said at a news conference. Possibilities include that it was a random shooting, the girls had intended to meet someone or they may have interrupted a crime that was occurring, he said.
The bodies were found in a community where some drivers leave their keys in their cars and people who live 10 miles apart call themselves neighbors.
Skyla's family said she walked barefoot almost everywhere and rode her bicycle down endless dirt roads. Where she went, her many cats followed, along with her pet goat. Skyla wanted to become a veterinarian, said her grandmother, Claudia Farrow.
Taylor rescued helpless turtles crawling in the middle of the road and wanted to become a forensic scientist like the ones on TV shows, said Placker, who raised the girl.
"She was the best kid I've known," he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 04:34 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Yes, very sad, and I hope they DO find the monster or monster(s) that did this. More than likely, it was someone they knew.

Two best friends, on a country road shot to death in cold blood. I'm sure the entire community of Weleetka is in shock. I've been there numerous times and it is a very small town.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 PM

7 posts, read 20,710 times
I grew up about ten miles from where this took place. It's simply horrible that such a thing could happen like this. I don't doubt it though since it's so near Dustin.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:32 PM

195 posts, read 972,295 times
When I heard about this story, my heart just sank. Such precious lives being taken. As a father to a little girl myself, I especially feel a personal connection. What could two innocent little girls possibly have done to anyone to deserve this brutal end???!!

I hope that whoever the perpetrator(s) may be, will get their just desserts.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:47 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfarmer View Post
When I heard about this story, my heart just sank. Such precious lives being taken. As a father to a little girl myself, I especially feel a personal connection.
I hear you...
If I had my way, my 15 year old daughter would be legal to carry...
She has EXTENSIVE firearms experience including AK-47, M-4, shotgun and .357.

Quote:
What could two innocent little girls possibly have done to anyone to deserve this brutal end???!!
Not a D*MN thing!

Quote:
I hope that whoever the perpetrator(s) may be, will get their just desserts.
They will....

One way or another....

Old 06-12-2008, 06:58 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,040 times
Default Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma_Breakdown View Post
I grew up about ten miles from where this took place. It's simply horrible that such a thing could happen like this. I don't doubt it though since it's so near Dustin.
My first teaching job was in Dustin--the school year was '74-'75. Are you from Dustin? I just wondered what you meant by the Dustin comment. I'm sure Dustin has changed a lot since my one year there.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 8,584 times
Default Amateur criminologists & despicable reporters.

Has anyone noticed that they failed to keep the crime scene secure and even graded the road right after this?

Have you seen the despicable video by the Oklahoman (NewsOK.com) where one reporter "interviews" another about this horrible crime, but he's smiling and upbeat like some sort of circus?

Bill - EufaulaLakers.com

Old 10-13-2009, 04:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,617 times
i lived in that town most of my life im 16 yrs old now i live in bella vista AR. that town used to be so quite i knew every one from TIMS grocery to the the lowest people.i love that town well what used to be after the fire that took out of the businesses if u ever been to weleetka theres a grocery store with a water fountian beside it but across that used to be a flower shop and round-up and some gymnastics thing but everything was so calm and everybody new everybodys business and now this happens. i had moved a couple yrs before all this starting happening. i dont think i new the girls,but i hope they find him soon so he can pay. cause my best guy friend that ive known since 3rd grade lost his friend one day cause she was shot and that very same day they had hung out and it was devistating i havent been to weleetka in over 4 yrs now but every day i think about what if i had stayed there??? what would have happened to me?? i think of my friends that still live there and i keep hoping there safe.... me and my friends would go to the railroad tracks by my friends old house there used to be a creek we would go to and we would walk around without a care in the world idk why this never happened to us we would walk down those dirt roads and there so long they keep going for miles but y would some one do something like that its never happened before y now they were just children.... i used to think that town was the safest place in the world cause no one knows were it is and its so small you wouldve never thought... i hope they find that mofo cause he needs to die in hell....

Last edited by Jammie; 10-13-2009 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: edited word

Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,130 times
It is difficult to comprehend how a person would become so evil that they could kill children in cold blood. My heart goes out to the family, and to the entire community.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
That was a very sad story...It just doesnt make sense that two girls are walking on a back country road and someone shoots them. I still think its someone with local ties somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma