Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

It doesn't bother me. That may because I never did like the taste of beer.

Years ago they drank moon shine warm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 06:19 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I went to Tahlequah over the weekend for some river sport/activities. I was surprised that they only sell watered down 3.2% alcohol beers in that city (or OK in general?). What's up with that? I can understand that they don't want drunks going down the river. But weak beers won't guarantee sobriety.

BTW, the Muskogee Power Plant that we passed on the way up and down is pretty impressive, both during the day and at night.

Other than the weak beers, I enjoyed myself in Tahlequah. We met up with some folks from Tulsa and I must say Tulsans really know how to party!
Some states do...the whole state of Utah does. I dont drink but many people that do complain about it

Old 06-11-2008, 06:23 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,402,634 times
Quote:
I I must say Tulsans really know how to party!
I met a guy who lives about 50 minutes from Tulsa who partied pretty well too.
(Even by NH musician standards.... But he'd have a ways to go by MA standards.)

Old 06-11-2008, 08:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
I guess the Baptists in Oklahoma are behind the overly restrictive alcohol laws in Oklahoma. Oklahoma was one of the last states to legalize alcohol back in 1959. But you could buy 3.2% beer in Oklahoma long before that.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:52 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Some states do...the whole state of Utah does. I dont drink but many people that do complain about it
I heard about UT as well. Sux for their residents. While I don't condone getting hammered, I at least want people to have the choice. And like many others have said, selling only weak beer doesn't guarantee sobriety.

On the beer can, there's no indication that the beer is watered down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
I met a guy who lives about 50 minutes from Tulsa who partied pretty well too.
(Even by NH musician standards.... But he'd have a ways to go by MA standards.)
It seems like the more religious a city is, the more partying they need to do to even things out. Like the yin and yang.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:05 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
I heard about UT as well. Sux for their residents. While I don't condone getting hammered, I at least want people to have the choice. And like many others have said, selling only weak beer doesn't guarantee sobriety.

On the beer can, there's no indication that the beer is watered down.

It seems like the more religious a city is, the more partying they need to do to even things out. Like the yin and yang.
The theory (or excuse) behind that is that the devil tempts the religious more then others. I don't mean this in a caddy way either since I'm a Christian. BUT that's one of the things that I just don't buy.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:30 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
I don't condone getting hammered
And why NOT? Just kidding beowulf...

Old 06-12-2008, 11:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
And why NOT? Just kidding beowulf...
LOL b/c then I don't remember witnessing other people who get hammered and make fools of themselves.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:47 PM

417 posts, read 813,847 times
At least you folks can get it anytime...I'm originally an Okie and ended up in York County, South Carolina....(a Charlotte,NC suburb)...here it is against the law to purchase beer on Sundays!...can you believe that?.........the grocery stores have the Isle ropped off and the lights out in the coolers. (no wishful peeking) On Saturdays it's not uncommon to see people carrying their 12 packs + out the door stocking up. The looks on their faces say "It's mine, ya understand? Mine, MINE, all MINE!....

Old 06-13-2008, 07:40 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,195 times
Speaking of stupid laws, here in Oklahoma we have a really bizarre one! On Sundays, you can't shop for motorcycles! Some dealers are open on Sunday, such as Dick Lanes on Grand Lake. They sell wave runners, ATV's, dirt bikes, motorcycles, etc. If you go over and want to discuss a motorcycle, they'll tell you they cannot discuss those because it's Sunday! They are allowed to sell everything else, but cannot sell or discuss motorcycles. Does that not take the cake or what!!???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma