Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Actually, I've never been to Cape Cod. It's just always seemed to be a higher classed place then I would visit.
But think about how cheap Lobster is there...I would go for that reason.

NIta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 12:36 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,545,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But think about how cheap Lobster is there...I would go for that reason.

NIta
Most of thse lobsters come from Maine. Even cheaper there .....

Old 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
Default Yes and Yes.

The bug bites will kill me. It's why I carry an Epi-pen and have one in my house. Yes, I am allergic to the chemicals - but they won't kill me as fast as a bite. I won't defend spraying to save my life, but I do limit it to a small area where I walk outside and around the doors of the house. .
Yes, I do live in the city. City bugs are just as deadly to me in Grove as they would be in Cape Cod.

One small bite can trigger hives that cover 98% of my body in a matter of hours. I've been bit three times by the Brown Recluse spider. And I've seen scorpions in the country around Grove. I cannot think of any place I can afford to live that has summer pests that do not bite.

I personally think the spraying to keep yards green is more of a problem than the small amount of chemical I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
An allergy to bugs? You are "allegic" to bugs but not to chemicals? Amazing. If that was me I would bypass the country and stay in the city instead of messing with the natural balance of things ...........

I have a beautiful piece of property on Cape Cod in an area which was pretty much ruined by chemical spaying by those moving in from other areas. Shame .....

Last edited by linicx; 09-02-2008 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: script

Old 09-02-2008, 06:59 PM

215 posts, read 525,105 times
Default Lessons to be learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post

I am hanging on to my property and am waiting for an opportunity to sell my property to the state so they can build a low-income housing development on it. Not only will bring me that a lot of money, but also some satisfaction. See if the neighbors like that better than my goats and chickens.

Yes m'am!

You go Schousse! That so much reminds me of Auntie Mame in the movie when she did a number on Darien, Conn. What better way to teach 'em?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
HMMM, I never thought of that, but I don't eat lobster anyway. It does make me wonder though~often places you'd think something would be reasonably priced because it's harvested there, really aren't. You'd think that the lack of having to truck things would reduce the price, but I've read that it's not always the case. Not sure why though.

Lini, that has to be awful to get so sick and I don't blame you a bit for wanting to spray. I guess I missed something along the way, but I didn't realize you live in Grove. OR are you in the process of moving there? It is just the cutest place.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
HMMM, I never thought of that, but I don't eat lobster anyway. It does make me wonder though~often places you'd think something would be reasonably priced because it's harvested there, really aren't. You'd think that the lack of having to truck things would reduce the price, but I've read that it's not always the case. Not sure why though.

Lini, that has to be awful to get so sick and I don't blame you a bit for wanting to spray. I guess I missed something along the way, but I didn't realize you live in Grove. OR are you in the process of moving there? It is just the cutest place.
Jammie, Lobster is much cheaper in NEw England. we don't eat it often here cause I can't afford to use my entire weeks food budget on one meal...

Old 02-28-2009, 08:39 AM
B24

1 posts, read 1,513 times
Default Rental houses

My son is planning to move to Grove to be near his son who lives in Miami. We have not been able to find online a rental house for a year lease or more. They all seem to be vacation rentals. Does anyone know of a source?
Thanks

Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 AM

536 posts, read 1,538,702 times
Am having the possiblity of a machining job in Grove so would like any info on the town and whether there is a feral hog population in the area as I used to hunt them. Fun!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
I love lobster, but it doesn't love me. Within hours after eating lobster I will be praying to the porcelain fountain. But, I have never had lobster straight from the ocean; only from places like Red Lobster so maybe the fresh stuff would be kind to me. I'd be willing to take the chance because lobster is about as good as it gets, taste-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma