Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 5,542 times

Advertisements

I am currently employed in Western Oklahoma in the pressure pumping/stimulation sector. Oil/Gas in this area is very active right now and all indicators are it will continue for awhile(as long as the prices stay up)

I would concur with the estimates on wage ranges,and depending on exactly what sector your husband would like to work in,there are jobs to be had in W. Ok. If a person can pass a whiz quiz and a fairly cursory criminal background check, they can get hired at a myriad of employers in the oilfield services field.

A valid CDL with a hazmat endorsement will make your husband worth that much more.

The labor pool out here is just not that deep and just about all the service and vendor related companies are in fierce competition for experience and "hands" willing to work,and some pretty hefty bonus' being thrown about to people with the right qualifications.

I would recommend getting a copy of the Elk City and or Woodward newspapers and check their listings for oilfield work,I work in Clinton(25 miles east of Elk City) Property values are reasonable here,slightly elevated in Weatherford and in my opinion just crazy in Elk City(although nothing like what you are probably paying in California)

Myself and most of the folks I work with grossed in the 60-70k range last year,and no doubt about it worked some insane hours(@60 hrs a week avg.)

Hope this info helps,and if you need anymore info feel free to drop me an email
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 PM

7 posts, read 40,829 times
www.freewebs.com/oilfield/
Try this link

Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Try here. I know nothing about oilfield industry jobs, but use google and/or monster - the other job boards as well.

http://www.petrojobs.net/

I wish you the best of luck!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:19 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
If your husband doesn't already posses a CDL; Central Tech in Drumright, OK has an excellent truck driver training program that's reasonably priced. Very professional faculty and new equipment. I learned to drive there and was glad I did! Best of luck!

Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,248 times
I was wondering if any one could help me out to look for a pumping job in the oilfield in Oklahoma area. thamks

Old 10-20-2007, 12:56 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
You could check with www.halliburtonjobs.com. They a list of good paying maintanence. I think they start at 12.50 an hr, and the more experience, the more pay.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:19 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Great, I image that we need more oil workers here.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:19 AM

35 posts, read 156,199 times
My dad works in the oil field here in Oklahoma and has for like 30+ years. He works with a big company called XTO (formerly, Cross Timbers). The have oil wells all over the state (and country). He's out of the Ringwood (small town in Northwest OK) office. They drive around the NW part of the state. This company pays VERY well and awesome benefits!! Let's just say, my sister and I went to private schools K-12 and my parents paid for everything, they paid for our colleges and my sister's medical school. Especially with the experience his had with other oil companies, they might be able to pay him more.... just a thought...
My uncles work w/ a oil company all over the west and TX and OK Panhandles. Oil is HUGE in our state. Cheaspeake and Devon are the biggest companies. Cheaspeake's office is in OKC.
And, you'll definitley be able to find housing with acreages!
Good luck with your decision!
Shari

Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 PM

9 posts, read 33,645 times
Just thought Id check in and let you all know, I'm still reading and researching. I have found several properties in the eastern part of OK I really like and several around the Stillwater area. I'm still a bit concerned about the job situation. I know there are not oilfields in the Eastern part of the state and can't seem to find other employment for my husband in a plant or something that he would make over 12-14 dollars an hour.

He may be able to find oilfield work around the Stillwater area (within an hours drive, but I'm not sure the pay would be high enough. I'm thinking we may need to hang around here and get some of these bills paid off before we can move.

Thanks for all your help and I'm going to check a few companies web sites for operator positions, but they usually don't give the wages.

Cindy T

Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormomto6 View Post
Thank You so much. Its very nice of you to be asking around for us.

The last 5 years my husbamd has ran the pressure relief valve crew. I believe they test, replace and repair them. Here, these valves must be checked each year to make sure they are operating properly. Of course, he also has the mound of paperwork that comes with it. They also have gas plant shutdowns each year where all the valves must be checked.

He has worked in oilfield maintenance, built cellers and ICLs. He has also worked as a roustabout in new construction.

He has not worked for a drilling company or a production company, but of course has worked around and near them.

Thank you again.

Cindy
Does your husband have any NDE certifications? One of the largest employers here in Bartlesville (NE OK) pays GREAT to its experienced field techs--means travel though. FTS Inspection and Engineering Services, Inc.

Also Ponca City (ConocoPhillips) has a refinery in NE OK where surely a guy with his skills could get a well paying job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma