U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 18,161,261 times

Advertisements

Is it me or has anyone else noticed some of the gas prices going down while they are still debating on which way to go on the Bailout?

Also, small business owners keep an eye out for strange taxes (may also be called permits or Fee's) popping up for different parts of your business which had no extra charges before. Residents, check your utility bills for new taxes such as "fuel surcharges".
These new taxes and fee's could be the Governments way of collecting the 700 billion to bail out Wall Street and the Financial instutes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 PM

3,724 posts, read 8,757,088 times
There is one here, but it's a flat rate surcharge for everyone, and after getting an explanation, it's a reasonable one.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:31 PM

215 posts, read 493,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Is it me or has anyone else noticed some of the gas prices going down while they are still debating on which way to go on the Bailout?

Also, small business owners keep an eye out for strange taxes (may also be called permits or Fee's) popping up for different parts of your business which had no extra charges before. Residents, check your utility bills for new taxes such as "fuel surcharges".
These new taxes and fee's could be the Governments way of collecting the 700 billion to bail out Wall Street and the Financial instutes.

Yep MK, saw it at 3.55 out here at the AM/PM cheapos today. Not bad for us, but still sucks. You KNOW they will get their pound of flesh out of us one way or the other. The phone was the worst as far as being right there in your face. I'd never paid that close attention to all the piddley penny-ante charges and added them up one fine day and they were as much as the actual base bill. That's why I unplugged and went prepaid only. No more stupid calls and working out so much cheaper over the year. Never used it much anyway, and the cell is great for emergencies. Utilities will just have to be put up with I guess. Can't afford solar or wind here. Have been lucky being able to use swamp most of the time. The lousy central is killer when it has to be cranked up. Back there I plan on one window unit in bedroom and if central, fergit it. Could always sell it for scrap these days.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 PM

11,885 posts, read 35,196,588 times
Phone charges have to be THE WORST. I've never seen so many surcharges in my life. And to get them to explain it to you is impossible. I'm about ready to completely disconnect from phone service and just communicate over the Internet.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 PM

32,869 posts, read 19,155,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
Yep MK, saw it at 3.55 out here at the AM/PM cheapos today.
$3.19 here on Monday evening. While Monday morning it was $3.79. What the heck happened?

Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Phone charges have to be THE WORST. I've never seen so many surcharges in my life. And to get them to explain it to you is impossible. I'm about ready to completely disconnect from phone service and just communicate over the Internet.
Some of the fees don't make any sense. IMO, some could be fraudulant.
Example: I have the "pay as you go" plan. Some moths I only put $10.00 in my phone, but there is still a 1.?? "transfer fee. Now, who's transfering what?
All they do is give me a 10.00 phone card and I program it into my phone.
Now if they're talking about transfering the calles, that's what the .10 cents per call is for.

On my utility bill, these are either new or have been renamed
(1)..Reliability cost adj,
(2)..pump charges
(3)..Garbage fuel charge

Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
$3.19 here on Monday evening. While Monday morning it was $3.79. What the heck happened?
They're bringing "noticable" prices down (temperarily) while adding taxes to other things.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:42 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,377,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
A few years ago, I decided to cancel my long distance phone service. When I called the company, they told me I could go on a plan where I could pay for long distance calls without having the actual service, and only pay 10 cents a minute if I did make a call. So I took the service. I made two phone calls that month that amounted to .70. When all the taxes and fees were added to it, the bill came to almost $10.00! My 10 cents a minute call had cost me $10.00 for two calls. I called and canceled that service, too. The phone company is outrageous.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:44 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,377,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Gas here in Mustang: Evening on the way home from work: 3.39. Next morning: 3.59; next evening 3.79. Two days later: 3:29, next morning, 3.25, right now 3.19. It almost changes hourly!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:58 AM

11,885 posts, read 35,196,588 times
The public is being bilked for every nickle and dime the crooks can get out of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma