U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 09:00 AM

10 posts, read 35,047 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=4]FAIRMONT CREAMERY CO.[/SIZE]

anyone know where that's located? I'm having a tough time finding an address or something. I heard it was a great place to take a client for portraits. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 04:16 PM

70 posts, read 272,241 times
The Fairmont Creamery Building is located on the NE corner of the Railroad Ave. and "F" Avenue intersection -just east of Central Mall in downtown Lawton.

It's an old, and very dilapidated industrial building with a lot of brick on the facade. I'm not sure how it would serve as a good setting for portrait photography.

The front of the Fairmont building got "tagged" last year by some idiots known for spraying graffiti in several other areas of town, causing lots of property damage. Lawton Police Dept. caught up to the idiots, who turned out to be some young, yet active duty Army personnel. Last I heard, the "leader" of the graffiti gang was facing some rather serious felony charges for the mischief.

At one time, the Fairmont building was going to be converted into a multi-venue night club. But the folks who bought the building simply couldn't get enough money/capital to get the project going.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:54 AM

10 posts, read 35,047 times
the brick walls, steps and arches worked out for the portraits. i found it... thanks!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 AM

9 posts, read 42,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby H View Post

At one time, the Fairmont building was going to be converted into a multi-venue night club. But the folks who bought the building simply couldn't get enough money/capital to get the project going.
Lawton's version of "Bricktown" right?

That's hilarious.

People in Lawton are soooooo delusional at times.

Hey, let's take an old condemned warehouse in an industrial park, surrounded by abandoned buildings, and make it into a nightlife hub! It'll be just like Bricktown.

Please, Lawtoonies, just say no to drugs.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,840 times
The creamery is no longer a run down dilapidated building. In fact the new owners have done a ton of work and devoted a lot of time and money restoring this awesome historical piece of Lawton. Their plans include restaurants, retail shops, and community events on the property, as well as a private residence on the top floor. I commend the Rutherford family for their efforts and look forward to enjoying the all the amenities and activities that will be offered in the Fairmont District when it is complete.
-Proud Lawtonian
-Jimmy Cann

Old 05-06-2014, 09:18 PM

13,940 posts, read 21,008,015 times
Lawton! I was in fort sill in 2000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma