Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 PM

215 posts, read 525,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

The dirt leading to my neck of the woods.
RB that road looks like heaven to me. Thankfully, by the time I make it I won't care if it's soggy or frozen over. I'll just stay home and play catchup on the forums. In the meantime, traffic and freeways - yuk. By the way I pirated that pic to my Okie pics. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 PM

779 posts, read 2,246,923 times
Speaking of roads in Oklahoma, I believe not too long ago that Tulsa passed a 2 billion dollar bond to repair their roads. We have a lot of pothole repairs and pothole repairs that show signs of needing repairs again. Other than that, it is not a terrible place to drive because it is really simple to get around in south Tulsa. It is practically a grid. If anybody relocates to Oklahoma with a navi system, two weeks later, they might not need it.

Another reason I love Dallas is their three-lane roads of either side. Their roads are nice and sometimes windy and they are fun to drive on. I also love their highways and frontage roads to drive on as well.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 AM

330 posts, read 970,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I think he's joking. Who would be detoured from living in a state just because they rank number 6 for being toothless?
Jammie, there's seems to be double standard. In this same thread, a certain number of us were chastised for joking and sarcasm. So, there's no joking or sarcasm allowed, apparently. I think someone wrote - "They can't keep up with everyone on here who posts, so they don't know the difference of who's joking or not" - something close to that. I'm just stating the facts and what's been said.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:17 AM

330 posts, read 970,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Stillwater,

The tenor of your posts always seem very negative. Are you sure you shouldn't be moving out of OkieVille?

If you're not an Okie and you don't like it anyway, why don't you go back to where you came from?
Certainly seems that way, I'm sure I will chastised soon after I post this just for pointing it out. I'm ready for the insults from the poster who shall not be named.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:28 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Speaking of roads in Oklahoma, I believe not too long ago that Tulsa passed a 2 billion dollar bond to repair their roads. We have a lot of pothole repairs and pothole repairs that show signs of needing repairs again. Other than that, it is not a terrible place to drive because it is really simple to get around in south Tulsa. It is practically a grid. If anybody relocates to Oklahoma with a navi system, two weeks later, they might not need it.

Another reason I love Dallas is their three-lane roads of either side. Their roads are nice and sometimes windy and they are fun to drive on. I also love their highways and frontage roads to drive on as well.
You mean those expressways you get to go 20 MPH on!! I lived in big D for 5 years, the only time you can go fast is at 3AM!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
You mean those expressways you get to go 20 MPH on!! I lived in big D for 5 years, the only time you can go fast is at 3AM!
Usually when I am in Dallas, I drive on the service road (Dallas Parkway) and avoid the Dallas North Tollway altogether. I only get on the North Central Expressway when I am entering or leaving Texas from Oklahoma. But for the most part, I drive on the main roads in north Dallas, as well as the suburbs of north Dallas, when getting around. I know that traffic is get really crazy but I prefer Texas roads over Oklahoma roads. That is just me. And plus I know what to expect on both Texas and Oklahoma roads.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,236 times
Quote:
Usually when I am in Dallas, I drive on the service road (Dallas Parkway) and avoid the Dallas North Tollway altogether. I only get on the North Central Expressway when I am entering or leaving Texas from Oklahoma. But for the most part, I drive on the main roads in north Dallas, as well as the suburbs of north Dallas, when getting around. I know that traffic is get really crazy but I prefer Texas roads over Oklahoma roads. That is just me. And plus I know what to expect on both Texas and Oklahoma roads.
Yeah, but you don't have to have a Key Map to navigate the roads in Tulsa. I lived in Houston for three years and absolutly had to have a Key. Of course now people will just get a GPS and be done with it.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:54 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:

The roads are better here in DFW (they are actually some of the best in the entire country; however it wasn't that way 10 years ago), but that's because nobody can drive on them faster than 20 mph about 80 percent of the time... Gridlock is everywhere. No, actually that's an exaggeration - they put a lot of money into the roads around here.

But, I'd rather get around OkC or Tulsa in rush hour any time than in this mess down here. Don't get me wrong, it's a good area and has been good to me (Fort Worth is one of the best cities in the US), but it's getting waaaay too crowded for me.

Perhaps after being in Dallas for 20 years, you'll feel much the same, or maybe not!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The roads are better here in DFW (they are actually some of the best in the entire country; however it wasn't that way 10 years ago), but that's because nobody can drive on them faster than 20 mph about 80 percent of the time... Gridlock is everywhere. No, actually that's an exaggeration - they put a lot of money into the roads around here.

But, I'd rather get around OkC or Tulsa in rush hour any time than in this mess down here. Don't get me wrong, it's a good area and has been good to me (Fort Worth is one of the best cities in the US), but it's getting waaaay too crowded for me.

Perhaps after being in Dallas for 20 years, you'll feel much the same, or maybe not!
Man, 20 years in Dallas. I feel that would be paradise for me. I'm 21 and I grew up in Oklahoma my whole life but I respect you for wanting to come back to Oklahoma. Oh yeah, I do notice that they put a lot of money on the roads. Isn't U.S. highway 75 one of the only highways that does not have a toll way.

I heard that in 2010, all of the toll ways in Dallas with be equipped with cameras with take a picture of your license plates and bill you in the mail as opposed to the TxTag or Oklahoma's infamous pike pass. That is innovative thinking for ya by Texas officials.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:00 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
I did at first, but now we are moving away. Oklahoma is full of racism, and you have to keep your mouth shut about your religion or politics or be shunned. The people are very friendly until they learn that you are not like them. We were able to sell our house but lost money, and now we are going to a different State. I could go on and on but I won't. We hope to be moved by the 1st. if not before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma