Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 06:05 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,917,593 times

Advertisements

Here's a wish for a fine holiday season, to all of you at the OK forum who have helped out generously with answers to my occasional questions about OU/Norman, OSU/Stillwater over the past year or so. Thanks much, LadyR, Goodpasture, Synopsis, StillwaterTownie . . . Colleen for your insight on being an OK newbie . . .Peggy, Happytown, and CG too, if any of you still look in on this forum from time to time. And Redbird . . . hmm, well, Redbird, he of the bizarre sense of humor, but it still makes me laugh, and laughter is good, so thanks. And then, being an adult returning college student, I enjoy being around the young people on campus, hearing about their plans and hopes and dreams, so I especially appreciate the fact that the OK forum gets a lot of participation from the younger crowd, so . . . best holday wishes to HT (again), Cali_O, and Casey, if any of you still look in from time to time, and to Namless, and most recently Autotech.

Okay, the problem with listing individuals like this is that you run the risk of forgetting someone. If I've forgotten to mention anyone I should have, my apologies, but best wishes to you all, and thanks for the helpful info.

Merry Christmas, Okies, and best wishes for the New Year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 07:23 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
You too, ogre. I count myself lucky to be considered a peer of you and so many others.

To all, have a great Christmas/Kwanza/Solstice/Ramadan/etc...........as one of my favorite authors once said, May you live as long as you love, and love as long as you live.................

Old 12-24-2008, 07:57 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
You too, ogre. I count myself lucky to be considered a peer of you and so many others.

To all, have a great Christmas/Kwanza/Solstice/Ramadan/etc...........as one of my favorite authors once said, May you live as long as you love, and love as long as you live.................
I'll second all of that, plus add my own thanks to all who sent good wishes to me while I was sick. You are all the greatest!

Old 12-25-2008, 04:23 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-25-2008, 07:17 AM

779 posts, read 2,247,502 times
Ogre,

I truly appreciate the recognition and the wishes. It has been nothing but a pleasure chatting with all of you and getting to know you all. I know that I spend a lot of time at the Texas forums, but I will never forget about Oklahoma because my roots are here.

Thank you guys so much for accepting me on this great forum and I want to wish every such a very Merry Christmas and a great new year for the last year of this new millennium, as well as for this decade.

I love you all!

Old 12-25-2008, 08:44 AM

633 posts, read 2,541,818 times
Merry Christmas to everyone!

This Christmas is bittersweet as I am getting to spend it with my mom and dad for the first time in about 20 yrs, but I don't have my husband and kids with me. They are stuck in Seattle til about June. Lucky them, they are having a white Christmas.

So, this morning via webcam, I will watch them open their presents just like I'm there.

I am very fortunate to have so many loved ones in my life.

I wish everyone a happy, blessed and yummy holiday.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:31 AM

119 posts, read 369,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksweetie View Post
Merry Christmas to everyone!

This Christmas is bittersweet as I am getting to spend it with my mom and dad for the first time in about 20 yrs, but I don't have my husband and kids with me. They are stuck in Seattle til about June. Lucky them, they are having a white Christmas.

So, this morning via webcam, I will watch them open their presents just like I'm there.

I am very fortunate to have so many loved ones in my life.

I wish everyone a happy, blessed and yummy holiday.

I feel for you Seahawk. There may be a bright side to bittersweet feelings, though; they make us really appreciate the people and events in and of our lives. My family got up way before the sun today so we could open gifts together and I could take pix before I left for work.

My heart really goes out for families who are continents apart with little contact for looooong periods; like our military. I guess we can also be thankful for the internet so we can all keep in touch!

Best wishes to you all.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:36 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."
- Abraham Lincoln

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my Okie Forum friends. Despite the economy, the weather, and other calamites this year, this is truly my best year because of you.

You make me laugh, you make me cry, you make me think.

Love y'all.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:39 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
I know the feeling Seahawksweetie. My wife and daughter are in New Jersey for this Christmas. It is the first time we have been apart during the Holidays.

But, our hearts are with each other during this time and it's all good; we love one another and that's what really matters.

I wish you all the very, very best and I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a VERY Happy and prosperous New Year!

Old 12-25-2008, 09:56 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
"Mele Kaliki Maka" to all Okie friends and if your looking at what I said with a on your face, it means. Merry Christmas, in Hawaiian, I lived in the islands for three years on the government plan and a Hwaiian teacher, called a Kapuna taught me some Hawaiian words.

Or better yet, as Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Happy Certain Ethnic Holidays, to you all".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma