Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:01 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
This isn't in Oklahoma, but it's very, very close. Anyone tried the chicken fried steak at Lamberts in Missiouri.
Isn't that where the wait staff is lazy? Instead of bringing you rolls they throw them at you? and then brag about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 08:11 PM

6,815 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Lamberts' chicken fried is good (and huge) but I'd rate it a B+. You won't be disappointed, but there are others that are better. I love their "throwed" rolls. It's a fun place.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:52 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,377,582 times
For CFS I have never found any place that beats KINGS in Idabel, and I have bummed all over the US. And it's BIG!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 04:30 PM

38 posts, read 128,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
For CFS I have never found any place that beats KINGS in Idabel, and I have bummed all over the US. And it's BIG!!!
I live in Idabel and was just wondering if you were talking about Catfish King? Or is there a place here called Kings? I haven't heard of it if there is so was just curious.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdapsco View Post
Just South of Norman is Noble, and on Main St. you will find Kendall's Restaurant. They have the best I have ever had. Not only does it taste good but you will have left overs for at least one or two meals, it's Huge. But save room for the best cinnamon roll you have ever eaten for dessert.
I didn't realize Noble was big enough to have much of anything. I thought it was just one of those "blink and you'll miss it" places. Is there anything else in Noble ? I've never been there.

IMO, Del Rancho(the one nearest me) tends to burn theirs, the Chuck House is greasy, very greasy. I would go with Anne's Chicken Fry (in OKC) over both of those.

The best hamburger I think I've had is from Chili's.

Last edited by Jess5; 12-12-2009 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: add chili's

Old 12-12-2009, 03:19 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Gross, tried it once but couldn't get past that green gravy! Who puts green gravy on their chicken fry??????????
Dr. Seuss?

Old 12-28-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedgurl79 View Post
I live in Idabel and was just wondering if you were talking about Catfish King? Or is there a place here called Kings? I haven't heard of it if there is so was just curious.
Hey! You are right of course!! I guess my brain was thinking about that KING size CFS!!! I have eaten many meals in Idabel, and Broken Bow, while working for/with the Ouachita National Forest. Another place we gave lots of business was The Shack (did I get that one right?) until it changed hands. Our last couple times in there were not good experiences.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:56 PM

38 posts, read 128,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Hey! You are right of course!! I guess my brain was thinking about that KING size CFS!!! I have eaten many meals in Idabel, and Broken Bow, while working for/with the Ouachita National Forest. Another place we gave lots of business was The Shack (did I get that one right?) until it changed hands. Our last couple times in there were not good experiences.
No, I haven't heard of the shack. We have a BBQ place called The Rib Joint in Idabel. Maybe that was it? I'm not sure that they changed owners though.
The Oaks Steakhouse in Broken Bow has a really good chicken fried steak. I wouldn't say the best in the state but the best around here.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
No, I haven't heard of the shack. We have a BBQ place called The Rib Joint in Idabel. Maybe that was it? I'm not sure that they changed owners though.
The Oaks Steakhouse in Broken Bow has a really good chicken fried steak. I wouldn't say the best in the state but the best around here.
Yes, we have eaten at The Oaks and it was great, and we usually stayed at the Broken Bow Inn. Great people there. "The Rib Joint" I don't recognize and maybe (probably) I got the wrong name for the BBQ we gave so much business. Going out of Idabel toward the Broken Bow/Hayworth intersection, it was on the left. Anyway, it was a great place for many years. We were in there so often, and the same great waitress was there all that time and she got to know us to the point that when she came to our table she would tell our boss (without being asked) if they did, or did not, have chocolate pie that evening because she knew he would ask. All this was from about 1995 to 2002. Great memories.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Me again, trying to get it straight. How 'bout Cedar Shed BBQ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma