Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2008, 06:32 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
well my cousin fell in love with a evangelical and guess where she moved too? Tulsa!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:40 AM

491 posts, read 1,475,758 times
Okay, when I say "most conservative", I am basing that on politics. However, you can't compare Texas to Oklahoma because just the DFW metro has twice as many people as our whole state. So, of course they have more churches.

So, if you want to take a more inclusive look to decide on a conservativeness rating, that makes sense. But, if you look at voting, we are the most conservative as a state. I'm not talking about individual towns.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:03 AM

330 posts, read 970,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDawn View Post
Okay, when I say "most conservative", I am basing that on politics. However, you can't compare Texas to Oklahoma because just the DFW metro has twice as many people as our whole state. So, of course they have more churches.
Just to put aside the thread argument for a bit, no one should ever, ever, ever compare Texas (shorthorn state) to Oklahoma. Oklahoma wins, hands down.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:15 AM

266 posts, read 971,840 times
You know what I've noticed is how religious OKC is but yet how progressive it is. That right there proves the point that most, well OKC at least, religious people here aren't backwoods people who "cling to their guns and religion" (hehe). If only most of you who are out of state could see what all is going on in OKC you would be very surprised, development wise.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:21 AM

491 posts, read 1,475,758 times
I'm a backwoods person who clings to her guns and religion. :-) Call me that anytime.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:42 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Cool Don't worry about what others think!

I hope that when and if Bjb123 and I move to eastern Oklahoma they can get use to the idea the we're somewhat liberal. I don't believe in telling folks how to live thier lives and I don't like it when someone tries to tell me how to live mine. Especially some self rightious preacher or Bible thumper, they're the worst offenders of all of them and I've come close to knocking a few of them on thier backsides and I'd do it with a big smile . Don't fuss with this big ole country boy .

Whether someone is liberal or not isn't the point, excepting them for who they are is. Just because you have a view point that might different from thiers doesn't always make you right. You may end-up turning away the one person who would be willing to jump in and help you, with out question. A true friend!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 PM

119 posts, read 369,050 times
[quote=SeabeeBolt;6695964] I don't believe in telling folks how to live thier lives and I don't like it when someone tries to tell me how to live mine. Especially some self rightious preacher or Bible thumper, they're the worst offenders of all of them and I've come close to knocking a few of them on thier backsides and I'd do it with a big smile .quote]

How about when a government entity tells you how to live through laws and tells you how to spend your hard-earned money through taxes? Do you come close to knocking them on their backsides or do you vote them in anyway because it is hard to say "no" to helping the masses through gov't handouts?

I think this tone may sound like I'm being snotty, but I'm asking it with sincerety. I do agree with the second half of your quote about getting along with those of opposite views. I have many liberal friends with whom we just agree to disagree on some points. It is interesting to me, though, that the more we keep the dialogue open, the more we find that we have in common.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:02 PM

[quote=Fairfielder;6696141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I don't believe in telling folks how to live thier lives and I don't like it when someone tries to tell me how to live mine. Especially some self rightious preacher or Bible thumper, they're the worst offenders of all of them and I've come close to knocking a few of them on thier backsides and I'd do it with a big smile .quote]

How about when a government entity tells you how to live through laws and tells you how to spend your hard-earned money through taxes? Do you come close to knocking them on their backsides or do you vote them in anyway because it is hard to say "no" to helping the masses through gov't handouts?

I think this tone may sound like I'm being snotty, but I'm asking it with sincerety. I do agree with the second half of your quote about getting along with those of opposite views. I have many liberal friends with whom we just agree to disagree on some points. It is interesting to me, though, that the more we keep the dialogue open, the more we find that we have in common.
What do you mean? Whats does paying your taxes got to do with liberal places in Oklahoma? What, are you a preacher or someone like that? try to stay on course here, friend.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:28 PM

119 posts, read 369,050 times
[quote=SeabeeBolt;6696178]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfielder View Post

What do you mean? Whats does paying your taxes got to do with liberal places in Oklahoma? What, are you a preacher or someone like that? try to stay on course here, friend.

Hmmm. Conversation on politics, taxes and gov't spending are "off course" on a thread discussing liberal vs. conservative places in Oklahoma, but knocking preachers on their backsides isn't????

O.K. Nevermind. Sorry to try and discuss something. I'll just mind my own business here and observe quietly. And, no, I am not a preacher so I will not try to tell you anything that you are not interested in. Have a Merry CHRISTmas...if you want to.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:40 PM

[quote=Fairfielder;6696429]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post

Hmmm. Conversation on politics, taxes and gov't spending are "off course" on a thread discussing liberal vs. conservative places in Oklahoma, but knocking preachers on their backsides isn't????

O.K. Nevermind. Sorry to try and discuss something. I'll just mind my own business here and observe quietly. And, no, I am not a preacher so I will not try to tell you anything that you are not interested in. Have a Merry CHRISTmas...if you want to.
Thank you for agreeing to disagree . And Happy certain ethnic holiday to you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma