Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,319,705 times

Advertisements

I've gotten totally frustrated with the real estate agent I've been dealing with, so I started looking again for other places. I found a good possibility in Atwood. Would anyone like an excuse to go to Atwood and take some pictures? The agent would be happy to give the key to someone to take pictures of the inside as well, it's empty right now. Anyone who's interested, send me a DM and I'll give you the name and number of the agent, and the address of the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 02:49 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,370,794 times
Sorry you are having trouble karibear. I've never heard of Atwood, have no idea where it is, but, hopefully, someone has. I left you a ? on the "5 best books" thread.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,907,540 times
I know Atwood very well. It's a hop, skip, and a jump from Holdenville. I don't know if Peggy or Redbird would be willing, but you never know...

Old 01-28-2008, 04:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I've gotten totally frustrated with the real estate agent I've been dealing with, so I started looking again for other places. I found a good possibility in Atwood. Would anyone like an excuse to go to Atwood and take some pictures? The agent would be happy to give the key to someone to take pictures of the inside as well, it's empty right now. Anyone who's interested, send me a DM and I'll give you the name and number of the agent, and the address of the place.

Atwood is pretty close to us. I am not sure exactly when we will be going, but we would be happy to snap a few pics if Peg doesn't do it for you. I have a few pics of the Atwood area, it is not a town per se... you DO realize that, right? It is more like 5 or 6 houses along the hwy as you are going towards Ada.

There are a couple of good websites on area real estate. I can't remember the one I want, so here is one link.

Search Results

Just remember, this is OK, and any price you see listed on the website, could be someone "testing the waters" for any CA relocators. More than a few have listed their properties at grossly inflated prices, which are still very cheap by CA standards. So, bring your haggling game when you call them!

I will wait and see what the weather is like this week. I usually work long hours the first few days of the week and most likely won't get around until the weekend. But I will be happy to help you out.

Last edited by _redbird_; 01-28-2008 at 05:15 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 05:22 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
Kari, I don't have listings for the Holdenville area, but I do for both the Tulsa and OKC MSA's. I am a member of both the Greater Tulsa association of Realtors and the Oklahoma City Association.

If I can be of assistance, let me know.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:00 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,786,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Just remember, this is OK, and any price you see listed on the website, could be someone "testing the waters" for any CA relocators. More than a few have listed their properties at grossly inflated prices, which are still very cheap by CA standards.
I'm sorry to hear that, because that's what caused such inflated prices in New Jersey. People relocating from around the country to work in New York City, found homes in NJ much cheaper. So people in NJ started raising the prices, and sure enough they got what they wanted and before you know it prices were out of sight in northern NJ. So the northern NJans moved to Central NJ, paying more than the locals would, so those prices went up and so on and so on and so here we are moving out of NJ to OK!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 PM

I found the place in Atwood - which I do know is a very small place - because I did still another search for 'homes with acreage' within what I can afford. Then I narrow it down to those having at least one acre with a house that's not a mobile [those aren't financeable] and no neighbors too close, because I have a cockatoo that screams. I want enough land to have some chickens, a horse, and maybe a cow or goat. And it has to be in a price range I can afford. Not asking for much, hmm?

The one in Atwood looks good, so far. It has just over 2 acres, a barn, and is mostly fenced. It's actually the lowest priced of all the ones I've found so far, at least of the ones I've found that someone is willing to talk to me about. I'm not too concerned with haggling, I've found that works best face to face. 8-) But if - and this is a big if - I actually decide on this one, I know of a few things already that will need to be done, so I'll see if I can't do some negotiating.

Redbird, I found this one on the link you attached, it's one of the ones I've been using all along. And the weekend is fine, when I talked to the realtor I told him that if I found someone to take some pictures, it would probably be a week or so. I told him I knew of a few people in Hughes county, and he got all perked up and asked me who! I shouldn't have said that, it was kind of weird trying to tell him I that while I 'knew' people, I didn't know their actual names.

And Goodpasture, boyoboy, could I give you volumes to pass along to other realtors on how NOT to treat a potential buyer! I have a lot more horror stories, some of which have happened to me, than the one in the Horton thread. But your areas are definitely too pricey for me, all things considered.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, because that's what caused such inflated prices in New Jersey. People relocating from around the country to work in New York City, found homes in NJ much cheaper. So people in NJ started raising the prices, and sure enough they got what they wanted and before you know it prices were out of sight in northern NJ. So the northern NJans moved to Central NJ, paying more than the locals would, so those prices went up and so on and so on and so here we are moving out of NJ to OK!
It's pretty much the same in northwest WA, though having Microsoft in Seattle certainly had a lot to do with it, too. But where I am right now, too far north of Seattle to even think of commuting, prices are skyrocketing. Fifty year mortgages are fairly common around here, and a 'nice starter home' is anything under 200K. Space rent in the trailer park where I live has gone up again, it's nearly 400.00/month, and that doesn't include anything. It's just a parking space with a lot of rules and neighbors too close for sanity.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,616,597 times
Doesn't look like a bad place Karibear. It probably needs some fixup on the inside and a coat of paint on the outside, but the price doesn't seem too high for this area. The houses in town are priced lower, but anything with some acres seems to go for more these days. Looks like it has been on the market for some time.

DM me the address and the realtor's name, and I will try to go down there too. Two opinions are better than one, so if Redbird can look too, that will be better, right? On the way back, I will go through Gerty. I've been wanting to go down there for a while.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Doesn't look like a bad place Karibear. It probably needs some fixup on the inside and a coat of paint on the outside, but the price doesn't seem too high for this area. The houses in town are priced lower, but anything with some acres seems to go for more these days. Looks like it has been on the market for some time.

DM me the address and the realtor's name, and I will try to go down there too. Two opinions are better than one, so if Redbird can look too, that will be better, right? On the way back, I will go through Gerty. I've been wanting to go down there for a while.
I sent a DM, I hope I got the right Peggy, otherwise someone's going to get a surprise.

I noticed the differences in the prices too, but I want land, room to spread out. I'm already thinking about a greenhouse behind the house...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma