Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:20 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I can kind of understand the OP's question. If you're a Liberal, you may not be that comfortable in a totally Conservative area.

I'm curious~in the last Pres. election, which way did OK go? Also, what are some more middle of the road areas?
If I remember correctly Oklahoma had the highest percentage (certainly one of the highest) for McCain of any state in the Union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 06:51 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
What does that have to do with anything? I think too many conservatives watched Dallas and idolized JR............
LOL! LOL!

I wish I could rep you for that one .

They don't want to hear what I have to say about McCain . So I'll just be nice and keep it to my self.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:22 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
LOL! LOL!

I wish I could rep you for that one .

They don't want to hear what I have to say about McCain . So I'll just be nice and keep it to my self.
Well, that wasn't good news. I was a Republican my entire life until this last election. I wanted to vote in the Demo primary so I switched and had intentions of switching back to Repub, but I dunno.....

It wasn't McCain who bothered me. It was the chic who was his running mate. But SHHHHHH. The boys here all love her.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:03 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Well, that wasn't good news. I was a Republican my entire life until this last election. I wanted to vote in the Demo primary so I switched and had intentions of switching back to Repub, but I dunno.....

It wasn't McCain who bothered me. It was the chic who was his running mate. But SHHHHHH. The boys here all love her.
Your own Governor?

Old 03-31-2009, 01:42 AM

143 posts, read 327,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Oklahoma and Texas will always be conservative because of their religious beliefs. The overwhelming majority of residents in both states are Southern Baptist evangelicals. It's not just a religion, it's a culture. Southern Baptists can't separate their religious beliefs from their lifestyle. Their religious beliefs often show a lack of tolerance toward other faiths, and ideas(homosexulaity, abortion, interacial marriage) The majority of the residents have an evagelical mindset. Even liberals in Oklahoma are not true liberals. A person in Oklahoma thinks they are liberal if they drink alcohol and don't go to church on Sundays but these same people are often homophobic and against abortion.
Go to San Francisco or Massachusetts (among many other places) and you will find plenty of people who are intolerant of those who do not hold left-wing views.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:20 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
I thought she was a mental midget from day one. She can eat seal blubber, and the same goes for her apple husband.

Last edited by _redbird_; 03-31-2009 at 05:39 AM..

Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I thought she was a mental midget from day one. She can eat seal blubber, and the same goes for her apple husband.
Thanks. I needed that laugh today.

MK, yea our Gov. is a Republican. Our state nearly always vote Repub. except for Sen. and Reps.

There's actually nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it's just voting blindly~a straight ticket and I know some people who actually do that and that's scary.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Not so much a mental midget as simply unable to separate her religious beliefs from constitutional law. And it's not really fair to refer to him as an apple, AK Natives who haven't grown up in remote villages simply don't know enough about their culture, unless they make a point of learning about it as adults. Furthermore, for a lot of the coastal Natives from the Aleutians to Southeastern, history and culture came to an abrupt halt with the Russian fur traders back in the 1800s, with the frequent exception of language, and a lot of those incorporated Russian words and phrases.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:49 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Thanks. I needed that laugh today.

MK, yea our Gov. is a Republican. Our state nearly always vote Repub. except for Sen. and Reps.

There's actually nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it's just voting blindly~a straight ticket and I know some people who actually do that and that's scary.
I don't know why I called her your Gov,.....

Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I don't know why I called her your Gov,.....
Oh, I'm definitely off track today. I thought you were referencing the fact that we nearly always have a Republican Gov. up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma