Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What City do you like better and why?
Oklahoma City 9 64.29%
Tulsa 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:06 AM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times

Advertisements

Oklahoma City or Tulsa. What City do you like better or why?

Old 03-16-2009, 05:39 AM

498 posts, read 1,606,256 times
I prefer Oklahoma City to Tulsa for many reasons, but I will just name a few. Before any flame wars get started, let me stress that both are wonderful cities, and each have their own unique flavor, but Oklahoma City stands out to me. It has a flavor and style all its own. Oklahoma City is both wild and laid back. It is full of surprises and always plans big.

Oklahoma City is literally a living Sim City. The movers and shakers took a no-name sleepy city in 1993 and literally transformed the amenities, the aesthetics and the energy, and it is like night and day. The best part? The city isn't done. The next big plan is Core to Shore, and MAPS 3. Both will take OKC to the next level. It was all well coordinated, and I have no doubt the next round will be handled in the same way. When MAPS was in progress, the private sector stepped up with the new museum of art, and the Airport Authority rebuilt Will Rogers World Airport. People are always surprised to find out OKC has a serious bio-science corridor, not to mention the laundry-list of non-energy companies based in OKC or those that have most of their operations in OKC.

What do I like best about Oklahoma City? You can enjoy the sunset over the wide open western prairies, sailing regattas at Lake Hefner right in our urban backyard, some of the greatest festivals in the country, the Blazers, the NBA and great baseball at one of the best ballparks in the country. You can have your home built in the wooded rolling terrain of northeast OKC, or enjoy the open prairie views of northwest or southwest OKC. Oklahoma City just doesn't stand still, and despite the stereotypes of many Americans obsessed with right and left wing politics, let emphasize that most people in OKC are some of the most easy-going people who could care less about political views. They just simply enjoy living in a free country, and enjoy living in OKC.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
I don't like either very much. I prefer a population of goats and calves larger than the population of people. And by people, I mean male humans over 31 years of age and females over 17. Humans younger than that should be deep frozen until they reach the age of maturity.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:00 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,203 times
I picked OKC, but only because it's what I'm familiar with; I've only been to Tulsa once.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,709 times
Thumbs up Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I don't like either very much. I prefer a population of goats and calves larger than the population of people. And by people, I mean male humans over 31 years of age and females over 17. Humans younger than that should be deep frozen until they reach the age of maturity.
I am in total agreement with this sentiment.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:45 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Same here,

If I can throw a rock and hit my nieghbors house, then they are way to close for my likeings. Youth is truly wasted on the young.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:50 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
To be fair, I didn't vote cause I've never been to OKC. There are two things I'd like to see there~Bricktown and their tropical/flowery area~can't think of what it's called.

But Tulsa was a city I had always wanted to see. Many years ago I had seen pics of their architecture and surroundings and always thought it looked so green and flowery and beautiful and lush there. It really is a beautiful city even though we also prefer less populated areas.

My understanding is that Tulsa is a bit more liberal then OKC. I'm more of a Conservative in a lot of ways, but am open to new ideas, too and it seems that when you get too many of one type in an area, there's not much balance.

Also, OKC appears to be HUGE and Tulsa is plenty big for our taste.

One thing that always confused me is why the two cities are such rivals. They've both got a lot going for them.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 AM

Isn't Tulsa where "Paul James" of Gardening by the Yard, lives? If so, then my DW wants us to live near him.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:06 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
I think they are probably both nice places to visit, but I'd rather have room. Room for coyotes to roam at night, a big enough yard for all my critters to come to the back door, room for a garden, just plain room for me.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I think they are probably both nice places to visit, but I'd rather have room. Room for coyotes to roam at night, a big enough yard for all my critters to come to the back door, room for a garden, just plain room for me.
Almost wants to make me start singing "Somewhere over the raimbow skies are blue" . But I won't, I can't carry a note even if ya glued it to my left hand, or, whats left of it .

Toto! I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma