Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:37 AM

169 posts, read 580,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
You know, come to think of it, I don't remember seeing ant bars. Or, maybe I just wasn't looking for any.
"Ant" bars seabee? I did see a nice coffee shop though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,319,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb123 View Post
"Ant" bars seabee? I did see a nice coffee shop though!
Those ant bars are pretty well hidden, but they are all over the place, you just have to know where to look. The thing is, you want to be careful which ones you go to - never go to one where the sugar ants and fire ants both frequent. Those are the really rowdy ones! Stick to the ones where those two don't mingle, each one thinks the other is kind of low class, and they can get real snippety with each other, to say the least. And it's always the tourists who get caught in the middle!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:18 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,136,707 times
Quote:
You know, come to think of it, I don't remember seeing ant bars. Or, maybe I just wasn't looking for any.
Okay ladies,

"ANY BARS",
SSSHHeeeeesh! someone keeps puttin the (T) & (Y) too close together on my dangd keyboard

Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Okay ladies,

"ANY BARS", SSSHHeeeeesh! someone keeps puttin the (T) & (Y) too close together on my dangd keyboard
Forget it! I like ant bars better.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Forget it! I like ant bars better.

I hear those Ant Bars are hard to get into

Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I hear those Ant Bars are hard to get into
Nah, you just have to know the right people. Errr, ants, I mean. Otherwise it's like knocking on The Green Door. [How's that for dating myself?]

Old 04-08-2009, 07:24 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,527,618 times
are there any good hangout areas in Tahlequah?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
are there any good hangout areas in Tahlequah?
Yah! Take a good look at post #58 that Bjb123 put on. Its the castle like home that I was talking about earlier, that would be a great place to hang out at. Especially around Holloween time you could have alot of fun putting on a great costume party. "Do The Monster Mash"

Old 06-25-2009, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,193 times
Default You Must Have Been to Tahlequah to Comment About It

Tahlequah is where the Trail of Tears ended, and is home to Cherokee Nation. Tahlequah IS NOT a like a reservation, nor is it poor like one. There is Lake Tenkiller on one side of the town, and the Illinois River on the other side. It also is the home of Northeastern State University, est. in the late 1800's. It is a small town, but is growing rapidly, and yet still holding on to its heritage and charm. I lived there a good part of my life. I miss it.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:15 AM

4 posts, read 9,189 times
Default Really, really hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
We folks, the wife and I got a good look at Tahlequah. And I hate to say it, but it wasn't what I had hoped for, lots of run down buildings and most of the neighborhoods needed a large amount of TLC. It doesn't take money to pick-up the yards and clean around the houses ie some weeding and a little bit of paint goes along way and can cover a multitude of sins on a house. I'm not sure what the job status is like there, but it did seem to have lots of empty buildings. Tahlequah was on out list of towns to look at for possibly moving to in the future, but saddly to say we removed it .

Muskogee was a little better, but I think for now we're going to keep looking. Next time we'll have to see how Poteau, Wagoner and Sallisaw measure up. Oklahoma is still No.1 on our list, especially for me, I still love Oklahoma and her people.

Now we did run into a little town called "Medicine Park" . quite charming and it had loads of character with a wonderful back drop of the Wichita Mountains. Very lovely, with lots of possibilities.
Medicine Park is sweet and there is so much history in the area. I'd love to see every one of those little stone cottages with an artist or antiques in them. However I must caution you about the summers, if you don't love heat you are going to be most uncomfortable. But...I love the Wichitas and the area...go to Meers and have a Meers buffalo burger, great experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma