Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:56 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,286,814 times

Advertisements

Some of you have accounts on FaceBook. HOW do you get photos on there? Do you have to have them on Photobucket or Flickr? I can't find any way at all to get them from my computer to FaceBook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 PM

657 posts, read 1,595,191 times
alright.. when you're logged in, there should be a blue bar at the top, one button will say "Profile". click this. it will then show you your own profile. there should be a tab toward the top of your profile (not the VERY top) that says "photos". click this. near the top of the photo page, there will be an oblong button that says "create photo album".

Old 03-25-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
alright.. when you're logged in, there should be a blue bar at the top, one button will say "Profile". click this. it will then show you your own profile. there should be a tab toward the top of your profile (not the VERY top) that says "photos". click this. near the top of the photo page, there will be an oblong button that says "create photo album".

Nada. I can edit all the text I want, but the closest I get to photos is if I click on my profile icon, then it says I have no albums to choose a new picture from. But there's nothing anywhere that says how to create an album or load pictures. Maybe it's because my puter is so pitiful. I'm getting another one soon, maybe that will help. Of course, then I'll have to copy all my pix from Picasa to load them into the new one...

Old 03-25-2009, 07:42 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,675,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post

Yes, J Double R got it right.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:55 PM

657 posts, read 1,595,191 times
Question for photography people-facebook1.jpg
Question for photography people-facebook2.jpg
Question for photography people-facebook3.jpg

Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,675,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Nada. I can edit all the text I want, but the closest I get to photos is if I click on my profile icon, then it says I have no albums to choose a new picture from. But there's nothing anywhere that says how to create an album or load pictures. Maybe it's because my puter is so pitiful. I'm getting another one soon, maybe that will help. Of course, then I'll have to copy all my pix from Picasa to load them into the new one...
Karibear, what web browser are you using and what version? It could be the Facebook require the latest plug-ins in to get the most out of it. I'm running on Firefox from Mozilla.

Tim C.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:08 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,113,735 times
I ran into that problem in Phtobucket. They don't support older OS or plder browsers. Try Firefos.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Karibear, what web browser are you using and what version? It could be the Facebook require the latest plug-ins in to get the most out of it. I'm running on Firefox from Mozilla.

Tim C.
I use Internet Explorer, the one in XP Home edition. I can't use Firefox for more than very brief periods, something about the colors gives me headaches.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:58 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,459,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I use Internet Explorer, the one in XP Home edition. I can't use Firefox for more than very brief periods, something about the colors gives me headaches.
Which color gives you a headache? Blue? That's only the start page, when you go to the web, the only colors are on the extreme top and bottom. Color me confused.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/colorsoffirefox.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-27-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Which color gives you a headache? Blue? That's only the start page, when you go to the web, the only colors are on the extreme top and bottom. Color me confused.
I don't know. I have the colors on mine set as much as possible like the ones on IE. All I know is that when I use Firefox for more than a few minutes, I get a headache and eyestrain, which definitely doesn't happen with IE. My techie guy in WA fiddled with the colors too, and he didn't have any more luck than I did at adjusting them. Whatever it is, there is some difference between Firefox and IE, and my brain responds to it at some level. My home page is Google, and Google on Firefox looks dirty and dusty, which it doesn't on IE - and no, it isn't my monitor that's dirty and dusty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma