U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2007, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 11,462 times

Advertisements

Any information or opinions regarding living in Checotah or Lake Eufaula. Any experience with the schools? I have two posts on page 2 under "Info on Poteau". The second one is pretty lengthy but will give you a little background information about myself. My husband, daughter and I will be flying into Tulsa next week. We will only have four days to check out the area. My husband has never been to OK. We are planning on checking out Tahlequah, Poteau, Stigler, Eufaula and Checotah. Possibly Broken Bow. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 05:07 PM

11,878 posts, read 35,056,584 times
It sounds like you'll be traveling all over the Eastern and Southeastern part of Oklahoma. You should really enjoy the scenery. I would like to help you with the school situation, but I have never lived in those areas, only visited (and enjoyed the visits too!). My father was born and raised right around the Eufaula; his mother and father are buried in a small town near the lake. Lake Eufaula is a BIG lake. Hopefully some of the nice people that live in these areas with school-age children will step in and fill you in. I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy your trip!

Old 09-17-2007, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 9,092 times
I have recently been looking at homes in the Checotah/Eufaula area and also have children. I was wondering if you have had any luck, and if you might have any advice or info on the area assuming you have moved.
Thanx Annie

Old 09-20-2007, 09:10 PM

9,478 posts, read 14,088,848 times
Very random, but Carrie Underwood is from Checotah and she has a song about her hometown, "i Ain't in Checotah Anymore." Don't know how accurate that is.

I wanted to find out about her hometown cause Carrie Underwood is among my absolute favorite artists of ALL TIME, and its true its a "single stoplight town". This guy took a picture of that only traffic light and put it on Webshots. I'm not sure about how you have to "drive a hundred miles from the Sonic to the grocery store" though

I know there's a sign outside of town that reads "Home of Carrie Underwood, Winner of American Idol 2005." Sounds like a nice town indeed.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,273 times
Terrapin,
The hundred miles from the Sonic to the grocery store is about 50 trips across town and back...the grocery store is on the north edge of town and the Sonic is on the south, and the kids cruise back and forth on old 69 (the new highway is about a mile east of the traffic light).
I remember the fire, too. Carrie Underwood is too young to remember when the Army bombed Checotah (1985).
Ah, memories...
Patrick Cherry

Old 11-15-2007, 05:49 AM

5,003 posts, read 14,613,500 times
You may wish to check out Grove too. Highway 82 is a wonderful scenic view.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:21 PM

20 posts, read 63,257 times
I love Poteau!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma