Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:24 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times

Advertisements

I have it on good authority that President Obama has signed a secret executive order banning ALL firearms and ammunition sales effective immediately! I am in total shock, but you can read more about it here:

LINK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:36 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I have it on good authority that President Obama has signed a secret executive order banning ALL firearms and ammunition sales effective immediately! I am in total shock, but you can read more about it here:

LINK
Cute. Real cute.

I do have a list of the guns that are supposed to be on the banned list, anyone who wants to see it, DM me your regular email addy. It's too long to post.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,935 times
This one had a LOT of people going until about Noon when they changed the title.

Obama orders Chevrolet and Dodge out of NASCAR!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:31 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

LINK
There are more folks than you think that believe this will come to fruition in the forseeable future.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
Are you sure this isn't an April Fool's hoax? Suspending the sales of firearms is unconstitutional

Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM

OK, I wrote the last post before I accessed the link. My bad.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Aren't people already finding ammo hard to find available when they go to Wal-Mart?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:12 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Aren't people already finding ammo hard to find available when they go to Wal-Mart?
Yes. I don't even own a gun but have heard this to be the case.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 AM

28 posts, read 47,316 times
Default Boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Are you sure this isn't an April Fool's hoax? Suspending the sales of firearms is unconstitutional
Firstly, the second amendment gives every U.S. citizen the right to bear arms. Let's look at the definition of the word amendment-

The act of changing for the better; improvement: "Society may sometimes show signs of repentance and amendment" George G. Coulton.

2. A correction or alteration, as in a manuscript.

3. a. The process of formally altering or adding to a document or record. b. A statement of such an alteration or addition: The 19th Amendment to the Constitution gave women the right to vote.

Which means, every amendment to the constitution is just that, an amendment, and as such it is subject to be repealed by another amendment.

example: The 18th Amendment was repealed by the 21st Amendment.

source=
Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Secondly, I understand that people want to defend themselves and hunt, etc. But I don't think anyone should be running around with an assault rifle.

My argument against gun control would have to be thus:

The fundamental flaw in the thinking of anti-gun politicians is that
guns don't kill people. People kill people. The same logic that leads one to
control firearms could also lead one to endeavor to control automobiles and
fast food simply because they are instrumental in millions of deaths per year.

However, think about how much easier it would have been for Cain to kill Able if he had a 9mm semi-automatic pistol. Also, the fact that guns are designed with a lethal intent. Automobiles and fast food are not. Which almost nullifies my argument against gun control save for the fact that people will inevitably still kill people with or without guns. Of course they will, but let's not supply them with the easiest possible way to kill other people. I'd rather find myself in a dark alley with someone packing a crowbar or a knife than a 9mm.

Although I'm opposed to the private ownership of firearms, I think gun control would actually worsen the situation. None of the honest law abiding citizens would have guns and many criminals would find ways to smuggle guns. I believe any attempt at gun control would simply put the guns into the wrong hands, as evidenced by the fact that marijuana is illegal, but is still in widespread use.

-TWC

Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC760 View Post
However, think about how much easier it would have been for Cain to kill Able if he had a 9mm semi-automatic pistol.
He would have been just as dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma