Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 07:46 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care.

God, that joke is old.
A few more years and you'll be as old as me, old enough to know better, AND old enough not to give a rat's ***** who cares.

Edit to add: That's really strange. I thought I munged that up enough to get by, but I guess enough other people have done it so that even disguised phrases are bleeped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 08:01 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Not true. I was right there in the '60s, and while some of what I did I'd just as soon not remember in vivid detail, I'd rather have memories than regret not doing things when I had the chance.

I do remember Vietnam, and some of my friends were there. Some of them still have flashbacks and nightmares after all these years.
Karibear,

I'm referring to the hippies, most them that I know all say that they can't remember the 60's because they were all flying high, if you know what I mean. They say, "If you remember the 60's, you didn't LIVE in the 60's". It seems that all the strait lacers and the Bible thumpers were the only one remembering those days. Oh, and the idiot politicians.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Karibear,

I'm referring to the hippies, most them that I know all say that they can't remember the 60's because they were all flying high, if you know what I mean. They say, "If you remember the 60's, you didn't LIVE in the 60's". It seems that all the strait lacers and the Bible thumpers were the only one remembering those days. Oh, and the idiot politicians.
I was one of them there hippies, I'll have you know!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:35 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Quote:
Karibear,

I remember every thing I did.......I just can't remember their names.........

Old 11-20-2009, 06:58 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
that's because some animals, goats and sheep don't have names!

I see Karibear finally got her modem! Good job, Kari, I mean hippy-girl!

Old 11-20-2009, 07:16 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I was one of them there hippies, I'll have you know!

Were you at Woodstock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
They had some powerful stuff back then, didn't they?
Quote:
that's because some animals, goats and sheep don't have names!

Oh, now thats just mean, RB, but funny I see Karibear finally got her modem! Good job, Kari, I mean hippy-girl!

Old 11-20-2009, 02:39 PM

100 Longhorn steer, rodeo cowboys, antique cars, dog groups, and native dancers make their way down the parade rout every year at Stockyards City's annual "Cowboy Christmas Parade." Always held on the first Saturday of December, "A Cowboy Christmas" has become one of the most anticipated holiday events in the Oklahoma City area. After the parade each year, children are invited to visit our "Cowboy Santa" at the Rodeo Opry to take pictures and get a fun toy. Area merchants also take part in the festivities by having an annual window decorating contest.

A Cowboy Christmas Parade | Stockyards City Main Street

Old 11-20-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Were you at Woodstock?

They had some powerful stuff back then, didn't they?
Nope, I was at Volunteer Park in Seattle at the same time Woodstock was happening. Lots of free concerts there, and some really fine music. Seattle was an outstanding music scene for quite awhile. One of my all time favorite mindless TV program scenes was - I think - in Silver Spoons. The parents were arguing about something, and the kids all rolled their eyes at each other and said "Oh, gawd, now they're gonna get all mushy and talk about how they met naked at Woodstock."

Yeah, RB, the new modem finally showed up. Still took me half an hour on the phone with tech support to get it to recognize my account. At least it's working now.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:52 PM

The late 60s and into the 70s were great times to grow up. Especially for music.

These young whippersnappers cannot compare to our music. <God, I sound like my parents!>

Old 11-20-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
<God, I sound like my parents!>
Sounding like them is okay. You don't have to worry until you look at yourself in the mirror and see your father staring back at you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma